Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of November 15th, 2021
From Mrs. Flemming
What an amazing past week at Silver Creek. We served over 500 Thanksgiving meals to the families of our Campers on Tuesday and Wednesday, honored our Veterans with a parade on Thursday, the TRRFCC Fall Festival on Friday, and a Book Fair to top it all off. I am SO thankful that we are able to have families inside our building once again. I know we have all missed that!
A special thank you to PTO and parent volunteers this week that helped to make it all happen. We would not be able to do it ALL without your time and effort!
Yesterday was World Kindness Day and we will be celebrating all week at SCE as we head into the Thanksgiving holiday. Monday we will be challenging our students and staff to complete small acts of kindness each day.
This month we will begin our Thirty Days of Thankfulness. We would love for you to share the things about Silver Creek that you are thankful for so we can share them with our school community. Please use the link above to submit as often as you would like! Here's a few of the messages we received:
- I am so thankful for the sweet smiles that greet my girls every morning making them feel welcome and loved.
I am so thankful for the administration at Silver Creek and how hard they are working!
Thankful that the teachers truly love and care for our children.
I am thankful for how often my daughter tells me the antics Ms. Brann uses to make 4th grade fun!
Lastly, our third grade students have been invited to perform a portion of their Holiday program for the Azle Chamber of Commerce luncheon on December 7th. Permission forms will be coming home on Tuesday and need to be returned by Friday, November 19th.
The Jingle Bell Jukebox parent performance will be on December 16th. More info about that performance coming soon.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
❤ Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Dear SCE Families:
Beginning November 7th, the Center for Effective Schools (which is an initiative of the Texas Education Agency) will begin administering feedback surveys to families across the state. Your views on matters like the way students at school are taught, and your and your student’s connection to school are crucial. These surveys will give you a unique opportunity to provide anonymous feedback about your experiences in these areas and others.
The survey window will be open from November 7th through November 19th. I am writing to personally ask you to complete this survey and help Silver Creek grow.
You will be able to access our school’s brief, 10-minute survey by CLICKING HERE and choosing the school from a dropdown menu. Once again, anything you share will be completely anonymous and can never be tied back to you. Also, students on campus will participate in a similar survey. If you would like to review the questions asked for the student survey, you can see all the questions by going to http://texasces.info/survey. Only students in grades 3rd and up are eligible to participate in the survey.
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Notes from Nurse Kelly
- We are headed into the respiratory illness season and seeing an increased number of students with fevers, sore throats, congestion, headaches, and uncontrolled coughing at school. In order to help limit the spread of illness please monitor your child for any symptoms before sending to school and keep home until fever-free for 24 hours, no episodes of vomiting for 24 hours and other symptoms have improved.
- We are also seeing a gradual rise in covid cases across the district as we head into the holidays. We do have free rapid covid tests for students on each campus that are done with a shallow nasal swab . In addition, the district offers free drive- through testing for everyone at the administration building parking lot Mon-Fri 8am-5pm with no appointment necessary.
- If you haven’t heard of our Hornet Care program, which allows your student to have access for free telehealth appointments, along with testing as needed for illnesses such as flu, strep and covid, please visit the Azle ISD website or feel free to call me for more information on how to register.
We had a blast at our Mini Fall Festival on Friday! Thank you so much to the parents who volunteered to help, and to those who went above and beyond to deliver the requested items needed to make our event special. I appreciate your time more than you know! If your student did not attend our TRRFCC ticket event, don’t worry. They can spend their tickets at the store during the first week in December. We have lots of new surprises! Our next Success Rally will be on December 15th. We are looking forward to recognizing the successes of our amazing kids!
I am honored to be a part of your students’ education!
~ Ms. Terrett
From SC PTO
Since the water fountains are still closed,PTO has you covered! PTO is selling Hornet Fuel water bottles for $10.00.
You can send cash or check in an envelope with your student's name and homeroom teacher, and PTO will send home the bottle or contact SCPTO@gmail.com for more information.
Menus for the Week
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:00
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance @ 6:00PM
- December 17: SCE Sing Along & Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
- December 17: Early release @ 11:45
- January 3 & 4: Teacher Work Days - No School
- January 5: Students return to school
- January 10: STEAM Night & Science Fair 5:30-6:30
- January 12: District Science Fair
- January 12: 2nd Nine Weeks Report Cards available online
- January 17: MLK Holiday - No school
- January 28: 100th day of School
- February 4: Progress Reports available online
- February 4: Staff development - No School
- February 11: PBIS Event and House Dress Day
- February 14: Valentine Day Card Exchange
- February 16: 4th Grade STAAR Sample Test
- February 24: Spring/Class Photos
- February 25: Progress reports available online
- February 28-March 4: PBIS Store
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**