Fun & Cool FACTS : )
- Stating that the pressure and volume of a gas have an inverse relationship, when temperature is held constant
- The volume of a given mass of gas at a constant pressure varies directly as its absolute temperature
- States that in a mixture of non-reacting gases, the total pressure exerted is equal to the sum of the partial pressures of the individual gases
- Stating that the volumes of gases undergoing a reaction at constant pressure and temperature are in a simple ratio to each other and to that of the product
- At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid
How you get this is by being at a high altitude when dissolved gases come out of solutions in bubbles. Dangers are the joints in your body wont functions properly. Side effects are decompression sickness. The treat is treated in a hyperbaric recompression chamber. The law that is related this is Henry's Law, because if the suba diver goes fast then there will be more bubbles producing.
Air embolisms are caused by pressure allowing air to travel to your veins and arteries when they are exposed. The symptoms & dangers are chest pains, heart failure, and difficulty breathing. The treatment is doctors fixing your body so air is getting inside and you will need to get surgery. The law that is related to this is Boyle's Law, because more movement is more air flow.
How to get oxygen toxicity is by breathing molecular oxygen at increased partial pressures. You can get hyperoxia which causes seizures and retinal detachment. There is no possible treatment. The law that is related to this is Dalton's Law, because the air is toxic at higher levels.
The Ideal Gas Law: Crash Course Chemistry #12