By: Abigail Cesenas
Orthopedics is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, care, and treatment of patients with disorders of the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and skin. These elements make up the musculoskeletal system.
- Orthopedics specialty over: Fracture and dislocations
- Torn ligaments, sprains, and strains
- Tendon injuries and pulled muscles
- Ruptured disks, scitia, low back pain, scoliosis
- Knock knees, bow legs, bunions, and hammer toes
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Bone tumors, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy
- Club foot and unequal leg length
- Abnormalities of fingers and toes and growth abnormalities
- An annual salary for a orthopedic doctor ranges between $148,804 and $312,979.
- Yearly salary: $260,000 to $505,000.