Find important information and upcoming dates.
As we head into our two-week break, we want to wish all of our families and staff warm holiday wishes. We hope everyone comes back refreshed and ready to finish the school year. As a reminder, school will be closed Monday, Dec. 20 - Monday, Jan. 3. We will welcome back students on Tuesday, Jan. 4! Please take this time to enjoy family and friends. If you need help during this season, please see resources below.
Food Banks and Holiday Assistance
Pierce County Food Banks
The Food is Free Project
- Address: 6515 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma WA/Contact information: David Thompson (253) 677-8848
St. Leo Food Bank
- 1323 S Yakima Ave, Tacoma/(253) 383-5048
- A single source for those who seek to move out of crisis, providing essentials such as food, clothing and vouchers for utilities, rent, and prescriptions as well as individual case management to best address each person’s unique needs.
- 1806 Cole Street Enumclaw, WA 98022
- Emergency Services and Office360-825-8961 ext 3
Grief and Loss During the Holidays
Dougy Center Getting Through the Holidays
Hospice Article The Three C's of Holiday Grief
Find more resources in the elementary counselor's newsletter below or on our website.
Find important resources for: Grief and Loss during the Holidays, Food bank and holiday assistance resources, Bullying, social and emotional learning, academic, tutoring, counseling/ mental health and other community resources.
Our High School Boys and Girls basketball teams are both off to amazing undefeated starts and sit in first place within the standings at 4-0 this season. The Middle School Boys team has also found great success winning 2 games in a row. The athletes and coaches wanted to reach out and say thank you for all your support in the stands and would like to extend a season long invite to keep showing up and supporting the WARRIORS during this special season!!
- Scott Halasz, Athletic Director
Have you heard about our Career and Technical Education program? Read our quarterly update and learn about our five pathways that could help lead our students to job opportunities at tribal enterprises.
Do you have a recent success or activity to highlight related to students or staff at Chief Leschi Schools? If so, please submit this form to see your submission featured on our social media outlets, website or newsletters.
Please email any pictures that we have permission to share with your good news to email@example.com.
See some of our submission so far! We love hearing good news!
CAUGHT BEING KIND!
Shoutout to these students (some not pictured) for doing such things such as recycling, following expectations, helping each other with a project, waiting patiently, helping deliver lunches, being a kind friend, and including others.
Special Shoutout to:
- 3rd grade student Shawn Adkins
- 5th grade student Travis Brien
- Mr. Marion's 5th grade class
- Tristan Adams and Daniel Bronchaeu
- 3rd grade student Kat Wright and Ms. Klaben
- Ms. Beauchamp's class
- Ms. Johnson's 4th grade class
- 5th student Kavell Brooks
- 3rd student Jason Dillon
Auditorium Update: Things are moving along!
CLS Opens First Hatchery On Campus!
A look ahead...
**Due to COVID numbers and under the recommendation from PTHA, Parent Dinners are canceled until further notice.
- Monday, December 20 - Monday, January 3: Winter Break, School Closed
- Tuesday, January 4: Welcome back students and staff from Winter Break!
- Monday, January 17: MLK Day, School Closed
- Wednesday, January 19: School Board Meeting
- Wednesday, January 26: End of 1st Semester
January Late Start Mondays
- January 10
- January 24
- January 31