2021 Majestic Tryout Information
Tryout Clinic on March 30th & 31st (3:45 - 5:45 pm)
We, the Directors of the FPMS Majestics Dance Team, believe that an exemplary dance program is an extension of the classroom. As such, being a part of the dance team offers an opportunity to develop and grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
There are many positive benefits that participation in dance team offers, such as: developing dance technique and performance skills, fostering self-discipline and self-confidence, encouraging selflessness, promoting team spirit and nurturing an appreciation for artistic endeavors.
Our team is a unique group of highly motivated young dancers that work together to achieve great things.If you'd like to be a part of our Majestic family, or are interested in learning more about the program, read over the material in this flyer and/or make plans to attend the 'Meet the Directors' zoom session to be held on Wednesday, March 24th from 6-6:30pm.
Steps to Become a Majestic
2 - Complete and submit the Audition Packet on or before Friday, March 26th. Packets will be emailed to the address submitted on the Google Form linked above. No late packets will be accepted.
3 - Attend BOTH DAYS of the mandatory tryout clinic.
4 - Pay the $100 deposit for line camp by April 23rd. (Non-refundable)
5 - Attend the mandatory uniform fitting on May 6th/ 2nd payment due based on order
6 - Attend the mandatory iDa Line Camp (July 12-15, 2021).
IMPORTANT TRYOUT DATES
- March 24th from 6:00 - 6:30 pm - "Meet the Director" Zoom meeting for parents (a link will be sent via email to those that sign up for tryouts using the survey above)
- Friday, March 26th - Tryout Packets Due
- March 30th & 31st from 3:45-5:45 pm - In-person Majestic Line Tryouts at FPMS
- May 6th uniform fitting (balance due)
- July 12-15, 2021 @ 8:00-5:00 pm - Mandatory iDa Line Camp! Please make plans to attend!
Important Things to Know BEFORE trying out for the team:
- Majestics is a year-long commitment.
- We practice on Monday and Friday mornings (6:30 am) and on Tuesday afternoons (3:30pm)
- We have special performances throughout the year, such as Football games on Tuesday evenings. We also compete which requires at least two Saturdays in February or March and a Spring Show that requires 1-2 nights in May.
- Attendance at practices/rehearsals/performances is one of the MOST important parts of our program. Please see the handbook for a description of what are ‘excusable’ absences.
- Membership can be revoked for: Ineligibility for more than 6 weeks; Assignment to ISS or suspension; Accumulation of demerits (see handbook for more info); Missing Line Camp (see dates below) without an exemption.