Hasan Mirza at Quick Printing and Designing
Hasan Mirza @ Quick Printing & Designing
January 14th, 2015
Time of Demo:
Description of Activity:
I am going to be showcasing how to make a professional Business Card.
Everything we do in business today is mostly digital – sending mails, signing contracts, attending meetings, even networking. Despite of that, the business card is still one of the essentials that digital will not fully replace anytime soon.
Details of the Activity:
- Setting up document
- Use the Interactive Property bar and select Business Card or go to page setup window by double-clicking on the shadow of the page. (Units must be set to 3.5 x2 inches)
- Have a 3.5 inches wide and 2 inches height of the card.
- Make sure the text and the images are aligned — Left, Right or Center aligned.
- Click on the Rectangle tool and draw a square that is 3.5 by 2 Inches. And position the square at the top left corner of the page. Drag out a top and left guideline. Move the square to the bottom right of the page and drag out a right guideline and a bottom guideline. Now delete the square object.
- Form another box inside the perimeter that is 3.25 x 1.75 inches and set the color to red and lock the object.
- Designing your Business Card
- We'll start off by importing a graphic image; File menu > Import. (Browse to the location where your image is stored)
- Select the image and place it on the appropriate place on the Card.
- Add text to the Business Card.
- Using Artistic Text tool, add the company name.
- Adjust the fonts on the texts.
- Align the text using the Interactive Property bar.
- The contact information should be right justified.
- Adjust the image on the left.
- Select the red rectangular box and unlock it and then delete.
- Finally, print the Business card and cut to the size.
Special Instructions for Co-op Teacher:
No special instructions.
Approved: Date, Time and Activity