Eagle Friday News and Notes
November 2, 2018
Alex and Patrick show their voter ID cards as 2nd graders participate in a mock election to choose the best cookie!
It was Oreo over Chips Ahoy in a narrow victory.
Admirable campaign by both candidates!
4th grade students planned their own idiom parade. It looks like there are more than two peas in this pod!
Students in Mrs. Grants class filled a jar with places they are curious about. They pick one a week, get excited, research, synthesize and present findings to the class!
November 6 - Picture Retake Day, Election Day
November 7 - Body Safety Parent Program @ Educational Service Center 6:00
November 12 - Veteran's Day Program 9:30
November 14 - Eagle Hosts Safety Partners meeting (You may notice an increased presence of law enforcement vehicles this morning)
November 15 - Coffee with the Principal @ 8:00 and 9:00
November 21-23 - Thanksgiving Break! No School
Picture Retake Information
A Message from our PTO
- Thank you to all who donated to Jog-A-Thon we really appreciate your support!
- Thank you to all who donated to the ZCS Maintenance lunch they were very appreciative of our generosity.
- On Monday, November 12, we will commemorate Veterans Day at Eagle Elementary by honoring the veterans of our students' families. If you have family members who have served in the Armed Forces, please extend an invitation for them to join us at our annual Veterans Day reception and program. The reception will begin at 9:00 am in the cafeteria with the program immediately following at 9:30 am. Forms were sent home with students to RSVP. Please be sure to return those to your child's teacher by Monday, November 5.
- To help you vote: Election Day is Hot Box night! Please mention Eagle Elementary when you pick up your dinner for a portion to be donated to our school! Flier Below
- Braille Club is now open to sign up through Volunteer, https://eaglepto.ivolunteer.com/braille2018
- We are still looking for volunteers for our Extravaganza committee please email at ptoeaglezcs@gmail if you can help! You can do most of it from home.
Dine to Donate at Hot Box Pizza
Tuesday, Nov. 6th, 4pm
4400 Weston Pointe Drive
This week’s Second Step Home Links:
K- Lesson on Feelings (no home link)
1st- Lesson on Looking for more Clues to Identify Feelings (no home link)
School Lunch Information
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.