The Panther Press
September 30, 2022
January 6, 2023
Mark Your Calendars!
3- Teacher work Day
4- Students return
4-MAP: 5th Grade Math
5-MAP: 4th Grade Math
6- MAP: 2nd Grade Math
12-MAP: 3rd Grade Math
13-MAP: 5th Grade Reading
13-End of 2nd 9 weeks
16- No School: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
17-20 1st Grade MAP-Math
17- MAP: 4th Grade Reading
18- MAP: 3rd Grade Reading
19- MAP: 2nd Grade Reading
20- MAP: 5th Grade Science
20- PBIS Party
23-26 1st Grade MAP-Reading
23- MAP: 4th Grade Science
24- MAP: 3rd Grade Science
25- MAP: 2nd Grade Science
26- RCA Winning House Party
27- Glow Run
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Purple Track Pre-K Event
Morgan Elementary GLOW Run!
Fulshear Storm Dance Clinic
Fulshear Softball Sisters
During the 2nd 9 weeks, Morgan Elementary has reported 264 students that have reported late to school, with a combined total of 847 total tardies.
According to the elementary parent handbook, students are considered tardy if they are not in the classroom at 7:30 a.m. When students arrive tardy or if they are picked up early from school, it results in loss of instructional time. While we realize there are extenuating circumstances, we want to make sure students are not missing out on learning opportunities.
Beginning the3rd 9 weeks, the Morgan Tardy Policy will be in effect:
1st Tardy - Tardy notice sent home
2nd Tardy - Tardy notice sent home
3rd Tardy - Teacher contacts parent/written notice sent home
4th Tardy - Lunch or recess detention and a referral entered in Skyward/Administrator contacts parent
5th Tardy - Lunch or recess detention / a referral entered into Skyward and sent home 6th (plus) Tardy - After school detention/Family Support Specialist visits home OR contacts parent
Thank you for your attention to this matter and partnering with us to ensure student success!
We are excited to welcome parents to come to school to eat lunch with their child(ren). We value our parents as partners in the educational process.
So that we have a smooth, safe, and efficient process for enjoyable lunch visits, we are asking that everyone follows all school procedures and show your identification in the front office to receive a Raptor badge. Only adults approved by the custodial parent/guardian and on the emergency contact list will have approval to eat lunch with a child. Anyone not on the emergency contact list will not be permitted to visit with the child at any time. Once in the cafeteria all visitors must sit at the visitor table and wait for their child to join them. School-age visitors (in district or out of district) will not be permitted to eat lunch. This includes students on a modified schedule, Elementary, Junior High, and High School.
Visitors may not sit with the class at the grade level assigned tables, but rather at the designated parent table.
- Only students eating with eligible visitors may eat at the designated table. • Parents should bring food for their children only.
- Visits at lunch are limited to 30-minute lunch period. Parents should say their goodbyes at the cafeteria door and return to the front office to exit the building. Visitors should not expect to follow students out to recess or back to the classrooms.
- Parents are not allowed to remove their children from the cafeteria for any reason without permission from a staff member on duty in the cafeteria. A parent wishing to check out their child must do this through the front office.
Car Line Tag Updates 2023
Morgan Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for always having your white carline tag hanging in your window so it can be seen clearly by the teacher putting in the carline numbers. Please know that starting January 2023 when we come back from the Winter Break that anyone coming through the carline in the afternoon will need to have the white carline tags like the one pictured below with your student’s number on it that matches the carline tag number on their backpack(s).
*If you don’t have this tag to display to the teacher putting in the carline numbers, you will need to park in the front parking lot and take your ID inside the school to sign your student(s) out once the carline is COMPLETE for that day. Check out for parent/guardians without a tag will beginning around 3:15pm.
* If you are late for carline pickup and the carline has ended you must then park and come inside to check out your child.
Beginning Monday, November 28th, every student bus rider must be prepared to show their Smart Tag identification badge when they board and exit transportation starting on
The Smart Tag ID badge is a safety tool for students, parents, and drivers. The photo immediately identifies the student, and the vertical or horizontal orientation indicates secondary or elementary grade levels. The badge allows parents to check the exact times when a student boards and exits the bus. Additionally, the Parent Portal gives users the ability to see where the bus is in live time.
The Elementary and Secondary Student Handbooks do require students to have their Smart Tag ID badge when they board and exit the bus (see p. 64 for Elementary; see p. 51 for Secondary). Based on the student’s grade level, there may be consequences for a student who does not show their Smart Tag for 5 consecutive days (5 days for Secondary). We encourage parents to visit our district website for more information on Smart Tags in the student handbook (https://www.lcisd.org/departments/
Transportation changes - We've noticed that some parents/guardians have left same-day transportation changes on the school's voicemail during the school day which is not checked until after dismissal. When calling the front office to notify us of a same-day transportation change, please speak directly with the front office staff. The other way to communicate same-day transportation changes is by sending a handwritten note to your child's teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, and teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how your child is getting home. Additionally, as our parent handbook states, we are not able to process changes after 2:00 p.m.
Attendance is very important to your child’s success in school and is required by law that your child attends school regularly and that you monitor their attendance. Students are considered absent if they are not in school before 9:45 a.m. After 10 unexcused absences, court proceedings may be initiated.
When your student is absent from school, the student upon arrival or return to school, and within 5 days of the absence must bring a note signed by the parent, medical professional, or court official giving the date(s) of the absence(s) and describing the reason for the absence.
We appreciate your support in ensuring that your child receives all his/her instruction daily.
Response to Absences
3 unexcused absences- Attendance letter sent home
5 unexcused absences- Phone call and letter sent home
6 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with Attendance Review Committee
8 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with grade-level Administrator
10 unexcused absences- Truancy filed
We're All Here Today! Attendance Incentive
Starting the 2nd 9 weeks, we will be implementing a school wide attendance incentive. Homeroom classes will receive a "We're all Here Today" sign for each day the class has 100% attendance. Signs will accumulate throughout the 9 weeks period, and classes will receive rewards based on the number of days the class had everyone in attendance. Please see below for awards.
Celebrating Our Teachers and Staff
LCISD Illness Policy
If your child is sick:
- Children must be free of fever (less than 100.0 degrees) for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (such as Tylenol or Advil/Motrin/Ibuprofen) before returning to school.
- Children must be free of diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school and need to be eating and drinking without any problem.
- If a child vomits two or more times within 24 hours, they will need to stay home for at least 24 hours to ensure they are not contagious.
- Please call the school nurse if your child has been diagnosed with a contagious condition such as pink eye, strep throat, chicken pox, head lice, impetigo, ringworm, flu, Covid or has vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- All students arriving at school by car must be dropped off from the car rider line.
- For the safety of everyone, parents are not permitted to park in the front parking lot and walk students up to the front door.
- Please drive all the way up to the first drop-off point where a staff member/safety patrol student will be ready to receive cars.
- We ask that your child be ready when it is time to unload. This means they must have their lanyard w/Smart Tag on, water bottle/lunch kit, and backpack on.
- For safety reasons, we are not able to unbuckle safety restraints.
- All students will exit the car on the passenger side, and all adults need to stay inside their vehicles.
- If you arrive after the bell rings at 7:30 am, for safety reasons parents will need to park and come in with their children to get them checked into the front office.
- Please remember that breakfast is served from 7:00-7:30. If your child is eating breakfast at school, please drop them off in the mornings with enough time to allow them to eat in the cafeteria, as all students are required to be in class by 7:30 am.
- In order to minimize interruptions during instructional time, classroom deliveries will only be made at 10:00 am each day. Items that may be delivered at this time include snacks, birthday treats, and library books. Exceptions to this policy include eyeglasses and coats. All homework assignments will be placed in the teacher's mailbox for pick up at the teacher's earliest convenience. All items brought to school for delivery must be labeled with the student's name and teacher's name.
- Balloons, flowers, gifts, and party favors, etc., for students are not to be delivered at school at any time as they can cause a disruption in the classroom.
- Any changes in the normal transportation of your child must be stated in writing with a parent/guardian signature. We ask for everyone's help in not making changes frequently. However, we understand that unexpected changes will need to happen in rare cases. These can be called into the front office by 2:00 pm. We are not able to process changes after 2:00 pm. This includes parents that come to the campus without prior notice to pick up their child. Any change in transportation arrangements for any student requires a note to the teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how the child is going to get home. We ask that parents not email the change since there may be times that a teacher is not in attendance or does not have a chance to read their email.
Friends of Morgan
Follow our Friends of Morgan on Facebook and the website by clicking the buttons below. Friends of Morgan is our Parent Teacher Organization that will support the faculty, students and parents of Morgan Elementary.
Since we are a new school, they are currently working through the process for being able to fundraise to provide amazing opportunities for our Morgan Panther staff and students.
We love volunteers! As we work to build our volunteer base and systems, FOM will be working with the campus to coordinate volunteer activities. More information to come.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Morgan Elementary Parent Handbook
This handbook has been designed to give you a quick, brief list of answers to questions, which
may arise, concerning Morgan Elementary School’s operational procedures.
Our campus wide newsletters will supplement the information herein, but if procedure or policy questions are still unanswered you may refer to the Elementary Student Handbook or contact our school to clarify these concerns.
Dress Code Reminder
Students can wear the clothing of their choice, as long as it conforms to the LCISD Dress Code Policy. Access the dress code policy in the LCISD Elementary Student/Parent handbook. (Dress and Grooming: Pages 34-36)
- Crop tops are not permitted per district dress code.
- Shorts must fall at mid-thigh length
Spirit Wear Days
Mondays - Themed Day - Panthers Glow for Success
Fridays - Charger Fridays - wear your Charger spirit wear or grade level Friday shirts.
We will update our page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Morgan and the achievements of the students and staff, as well as other relevant campus and district information.
Please click on the PDF below to access the Morgan Elementary Facebook page policy.
Messages for school staff will not be checked or responded to on Facebook. If anyone would like to reach school staff, please do so by calling the campus or emailing the appropriate staff member for assistance. Our campus phone number will be posted soon.
Fletcher Morgan Jr. Elementary
Jana Simoneaux, Asst. Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Medve, Counselor email@example.com
Catherine Noriega, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org