2021-2022 School Year
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATORS NETWORK IS...
- Great for technology coaches, tech/media specialists, former CFF coaches, KTIs, or classroom teachers considered "instructional tech leads" by admin or other colleagues.
- An opportunity to be part of a listserv, gain access to our Google folder of resources, face-to-face networking five times a school year (every other month)
- Used to promote upcoming tech training/workshops and initiatives (iPad Apps, Hour of Code, Augmented Reality, BYOD and AUP policies, PAsmart grants, etc.).
- Helpful for the IU to gain knowledge about districts to plan future ed tech training/workshops and provide support in trends and interests of the region.
Please share topics or questions that you'd like to see addressed at an upcoming meeting.
PAECT: Virtual Meet-Ups & Opps
- The PAECT Pod: Hosts Dom Salvucci and Eric Verno will share new and exciting things each month that are happening with our PAECT members. We will have guests, Technotes to use in your classroom and possibly..... PRIZE PATROL may visit! (You must be a member to win) Join us LIVE every 4th Thursday of the Month on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/paect) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PAECT/).
- Tech The Halls With PAECT: 'Tis The Season of giving and sharing. Come share your fa-la-la-la favorite tech tools, compete in some lively trivia, get ideas for classroom activities, and win prizes! This FREE virtual event will take place on Thursday, December 16 at 7:00 PM. All are welcome! Register Here
- Governor STEM Competition (Improving PA through STEM), Grades 9-12
- STEM Design Challenge (Engineering/Environmental Challenge), Grades 4-8
- PA Media and Design Competition, Grades 6-12, compete as an individual or as a team in one of six categories: 3D Design, Animation, Logo and Graphic Design, Digital Movie, Programming, Web Page Design.
- PDE & PBS - Your Learning Neighborhood: Parent Resources
- Common Sense Education: Media Balance Parents of Ages 0-8; Parents of Middle School/High Schoolers
- STEAM Lending Library
- BUILD | FLY | CODE
- Computer Science K-12 Opportunities and Pathways
- Code.org CS Fundamentals Intro (various dates/formats: F2F or virtual) Audience: K-5 Educators
- K-8 Computer Science Virtual Pathway: 2021-2022 Cohort Available
- Additional CS Opportunities through RIU#6 and our Partners
- PLAN EARLY -- Hour of Code
Cardigan Day - Coming Soon!
Zipper Up, Button Down!
It’s time to get your sweater ready to celebrate WQED’s Cardigan Day on November 13. (Consider celebrating early on Friday, November 12!)
1. Wear your favorite cardigan.
2. Encourage others (including your pets) to do the same!
3. Snap a picture and share it on social media using the #CardiganDay hashtag.
As has been the yearly Cardigan Day tradition, WQED asks its “neighbors” to support and spread kindness by donning their cardigans and using social media to post photos with the hashtag #CardiganDay. Let us again blow-up social media, as we did in the past with trending as number one, as cardigan-wearing babies, pets and entire classrooms of students overtook Facebook and Twitter with their posts.
Let's start a virtual cardigan party spread across all of our very real neighborhoods!
Did you know that IU6 educators have access to 30+ FREE digital resources through EVERFI?
EVERFI provides free, standard-aligned resources for grades K-12 in content areas like College and Career Readiness, Financial Literacy, SEL, and more!