Rob Smith & Jane Considine
Ensuring Excellence In Writing #EEWLeeds
Ensuring Excellence in Writing @Novotel Hotel Leeds
Monday, Jan. 9th 2017 at 8:45am-3:30pm
4 Whitehall Quay
- Explore quality visual resources and ways to use materials for maximum impact on progress.
- Discuss how to reach age expectations and foster confidence in competencies that can be showcased in independent writing.
- Demonstrate how a director’s choice to portray something can be used by teachers to inspire discussions and hook pupils in.
- Develop ways to sharpen planning and consider effective ways to build teaching sequences that work.
- Establish how stories told in films can be used as scaffolds to help pupils create their own narratives and non-fiction.
- Improve the quality of writing produced through structures that develop pupils thinking, imagination, grammar and techniques.
Who should attend?
The main purpose of the day is to provide a clear pathway of how to build inspiring teaching and learning sequences so that the national writing expectations are reached and exceeded.
Teaching ideas, planning models, planning examples,
resource bank, teaching and learning strategies.
Rob Smith - Creator of The Literacy Shed
Jane Considine - Author of The Write Stuff
£149 per delegate
2 x tickets £250 3+ tickets £100 each