News and Notes
December 18, 2015
Our Awesome Educator of the Week is:
The future is ours because of what you do
Now you get the Lucky Longhorn Spot too!
The Future Is Ours...
Remember to tweet and hashtag :)
Don't forget to follow @lakesidecoppell
Thanks for keeping up the tweeting:
Enjoy your Holidays & See you in the New Year
What Strategies Have You Tried?
Please take some time to review your observations, your walkthroughs, your lessons plans, and/or your practice...
Have you embraced your goal to include formative assessments in your daily practice?
If so, great! Keep it up and it will become 2nd nature.
If not, why? Can this be a goal for the 2nd half of the year?
What support do you need?
Trainings & Curriculum Updates
In an effort to keep you fully informed I'm including a link to the Curriculum Courier (admin newsletter). This link will give you access to current and past issues of the newsletter. The Courier will provide you with pertinent information for your grade and content area. Although some weeks are more informative than others you should try to review it regularly.
Coaches Meeting on 1/4 (yes, January - yikes)
Gema to Principal's Meeting on 1/12
Annelise and Content Specialists to their meeting on 1/14
Kelly Fischer to Global Connections Meeting on 1/21
Gema to TASA and Principal's Meeting 1/25-29
Jan to Counselor's Meeting on 1/28
KN2K (Knows & Need to Knows) *Updated
UNDERSTANDING BY DESIGN - UbD
Some things you should know for now (all subject to change based on certain factors)
- Spring training will include online training, backwards design planning and reflection.
- Summer training will be (hopefully) custom to Lakeside and provide all of us with summer flex hours. *Stay Tuned for dates
- Fall training and expectations include: planning days to prep for future units and the expectation that UbD will encompass all subject / curriculum areas by the start of the 2nd nine weeks. PBL units do not need to be abandoned...they should still be incorporated in the instructional design.
What can you do in the meantime?
- Keep thinking about backwards design, PBL, and lesson design.
- *Check out the splash screens and the UbD components that are already there for you
- Review The Learning Framework and our district philosophy in these areas.
- Reflect on your day to day and content to content practice.
- Think about the questions you might have.
- Smile and keep doing the great things you are doing!
4) It's time to come back
6) Mid Year Meetings*
11) Staff meeting with PTO Sustenance
13) Mid Year Meetings*
15) Spirit Rally to focus on CARING & End of the 2nd 9 weeks (We are half way through)
18) No Meeting Monday ... No School Either (FLEX day)
19) Grades Due plus Treat time for 5th
20) Mid Year Meetings* plus Treat time for K, 1st, 4th
- 4th Grade Program and
- Parent Learning Walks at 9 and 1
- plus Treat time for 2nd & 3rd
22) Report Cards go home
25) Staff Meeting Monday - on the agenda: TELPAS with Ana
30) LAKESIDE CARNIVAL
*Annelise sent you an appointment request...Please bring your completed yellow sheet to the meeting and be prepared to discuss it.
20) Sonya Green (Not May even though I still find myself typing that)
24) Dani Todd
25) Barbara Arnt
25) Katherine Broadhurst (even though she too will forever be Horton)
25) Dawn Rehling
- Does anyone think it's odd that we have 3 bdays on Christmas Day?
28) Teri Keith
28) Dan Thompson
- Twins/Not Twins
Wednesdays will be College Days for staff and students
Fridays with a Lakeside or CISD Tee