Unit 1 Week 2
WONDERS IS ONLINE!
- Stay connected with the skills, strategies, and stories we are learning in our Reading program!
- Just click the link to log in: ConnectEd Wonders Reading Series!
- Be sure to use your child's unique username and password!
This Week's Spelling Lists:
Please make daily Spelling practice a priority. Also, take advantage of Spelling City! It is a fabulous online resource and it makes Spelling practice much more fun!
This Week's Spelling Rule:
- Short e, o, and u vowel sounds in each word.
- Words with short e, o and u vowel sounds usually have the CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) pattern, like set, hot, and mug. Words with short e, o, and u vowel sounds may also have CCVC , CVCC, or CCVCC patterns.
- The letters e, o, and u followed by a consonant often indicate a short vowel sound.
Approaching Level Word List:
step, fed, sled, yet, mess, rock, pond, top, clock, stop, bugs, cuts, shut, jumps, pump
On Level Word List:
step, mess, head, crops, stop, rock, clock, sock, pond, jumps, shut, luck, slump, bugs, mug
This Week's Wonders Highlights
celebrate; courage; disappointment; precious; pride; remind; symbols; traditions
Character; Setting; Plot: Sequence