August 6, 2020
As we all are now adjusting to the recent decision that the district will open schools in a remote learning format through mid-October, we realize you are faced with new decisions and questions about what this means for teaching and learning at Eyestone this year. As this is a new adjustment for school staff as well, we do not have all the answers yet. However, we are committed to partnering with you to clarify as much as we can and to ultimately provide a high-quality education for your children this year.
Spring vs. Fall
The spring required an abrupt shift with little time to prepare for the new reality of teaching virtually. We learned a great deal from the spring, and we are confident that remote learning can be more structured, consistent, and robust for students and families this school year. When teachers return to contract next week, we will work together to build a structure and program that is supportive and engaging for all students. We will communicate out more details about what this will look like, as soon as we are able but here are some bullet points.
- One easy to navigate online platform for EC - 5th grade classrooms,
- Teachers will be delivering new instruction this fall with a daily schedule to follow,
- Whole group and small group instruction,
- Attendance will be taken and students are expected to participate in class activities and learning.
- Intervention services, and
- Opportunities for face-to-face online learning with teachers, specials teachers, and social/emotional learning.
Continued from last spring
- We are working on a distribution plan for devices and materials.
- There is an option for lunch to be provided at Eyestone.
Our school supply list is up to date on our website. However, we are asking teachers what supplies will be most important to have at home for the 1st quarter remote learning (including Specials classes). Be on the lookout for an updated suggested list. If you purchased school supplies for your child(ren), have your students use these at home. When we return to school, your child can bring what they have not used. Please contact the school if you are in need of assistance with school supplies.