Weekly News - 2nd Edition
Week of September 9th
Dear HSES Families,
We had a wonderful first week of school. The students were engaged, the teachers were well prepared, and the parents made it through! We held meetings with several grades to discuss policies, expectations and upcoming celebrations. Several students already received positive office referrals for demonstrating Respectful, Responsible and Ready behaviors. Ask your student(s) if they received a ticket last week for following the school-wide expectations. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better first week!
As always, thank you for your support, and enjoy this week's edition of the Hollifield Herald.
Yours in partnership,
- 9/9 Back 2 School Blacktop 6:00 p.m. TONIGHT
- 9/16 Back to School Night Grades 1 & 2 6:00 p.m. Administration Presentation (Cafe)/ 6:30 p.m. Grade level presentations
- 9/18 Back to School Night Grades 3-5 5:00 p.m. GT Presentations/6:00 p.m. Administration Presentation (Cafe)/ 6:30 p.m. Grade level presentations
- 9/26 Fall Picture Day
- 9/27 Positive Office Referral Picture
- 9/30 Schools & Offices Closed - ROSH HASHANA
Celebrations: National Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month
- 10/2 National Custodial Worker's Recognition Day
- 10/3 Patapsco 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 10/4 Teacher Meeting 7:50 a.m. in Media Center
- 10/4 Pep Rallies 9:00 a.m. K-2 | 2:15 p.m. 3-5
- 10/7 Screenagers - The Next Chapter - 7:00 p.m. Mount Hebron HS
- 10/7-10/15 Team Days Huddles | 1st 15 minutes of Recess
- 10/9 Schools & Offices Closed Yom Kippur
- 10/16 Main Event: Fun Run 9:00 a.m. K-2 | 10:00 a.m. 3-5
- 10/18 Schools Closed for students - MSTA Convention
- 10/21 Post Program Meeting and 1st Collections at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/21 Flu Clinic
- 10/27 Diwali
- 10/28 2nd Collections at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/29 PTA General Meeting 6:30 -8:00 p.m.
- 10/31 Halloween Parade
- 11/1 Schools Close 3 hours Early - End of 1st Marking Period
- 11/8 Make-up Picture Day
- 11/11 Veteran's Day
- 11/13 ESP Day - Educator Support Professional's Day
- 11/18 American Education Week
- 11/22 Positive Office Referral Picture
- 11/25 Kid's Heart Challenge
- 11/25 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/26 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Celebrations: National American Indian Heritage Month
Advanced Planning Calendar: Information on this calendar is subject to change, but provides some additional information on upcoming dates. All confirmed dates will be reflected in the dates above. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zk9QED0QBAJI_b46s6-U14D9FBHhTV9hYNBLRonoFKg/edit#gid=1548803383
HSES Website: http://hses.hcpss.org/
PTA Website: What is a PTA? "The main role of the local PTA is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and schools, in support of students. This can include recruiting and coordinating volunteers, providing special recognition in awards ceremonies or through other activities, organizing parent education events, planning teacher appreciation activities and much more."
Curriculum for coming weeks: As the school year gets underway, we will provide the standards that each grade level is focusing on for that week. For deeper understanding of the standards, please visit HCPSS.org for links to the curriculum - https://www.hcpss.org/academics/english-language-arts/curriculum/
Screenagers - The Next Chapter
School Improvement Focus for the School Year 19-20
Families, please make it a priority to take a few minutes to enter or revise information regarding your child/children’s Family FIle. HCPSS Family File is where parents can input and access all of the information located on their child's Emergency Procedure Cards such as transportation, contact information, and medical considerations. For the safety of your child/children, it is very important that this information remains current. This information must be updated annually. Please ensure that it is completed by our Open House on 8/30. To update your Family File, please visit https://www.hcpss.org/connect/ .
For directions on how to input your child's information on Family File, click on the link below…
For frequently asked questions, click on the link below…