May 16, 2023
Curbside Tech Support
Elementary Grading Window
- The window for elementary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the last instructional period (TRIMESTER 3: 2/13-6/1) OPENED ON 5/8.
- FRI, 5/26: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- WEDS, 5/31: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Deadline to use Google Takeout
- If you are leaving the District at the end of the school year, you will need to back up your data by June 30, 2023. Please check out THIS NEWSLETTER for steps on how to complete this process.
- Students leaving the District (Seniors or students who are moving) should follow the instructions in THIS NEWSLETTER.
Teach Using Artificial Intelligence
Paper Reading Contest
Contest dates: May 8-May 31
Try out Paper Reading with your students (grades 3-12) for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
How does the contest work?
Log in to Paper™ and click the “Paper Reading” icon. To enter the contest, you’ll need to assign at least 15 reading tasks across your students (for example, you can assign a single reading to your entire class of 15 students).
- Click the “New assignment” button.
- Paste in any text, upload a PDF, or browse Paper’s content library to add in your assigned reading material.
- Follow the prompts to add extra scaffolds, if needed.
- Click here to watch a tutorial!
New Devices: What to Expect
- After you receive your device and have signed in to it, applications will download to the device over a few hours. If it's been a while and you still don't have important applications (such as Chrome), please restart your device while connected to your docking station.
- If you have specific applications that you use and need to download, you will have to put in a Help Desk ticket so we can push the application out to you. In the ticket system, please select Staff > Account/Application > Intune Requests > Application Request.
- The new set up is designed for flexibility. You can remove your laptop from the docking station to work in a different location or connect to your projector.
- If you are having issues with your monitor not recognizing your device, please check your connections to be sure the monitor is connected to the correct input. Only the Display Port should be connected from your monitor to the docking station, not the Display Port and the USB-C cables.
- Please reboot your device daily for the first week. Doing so will help with updates and ensuring your device works optimally.