Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - April 2020
Board of School Directors
UDSD Board of School Directors
Ms. Amy Francek, President; Dr. Darlene Davis, Vice President
Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz, Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Ms. Francek welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - No report.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved a professional learning conference, and the grades 4-5 Fountas & Pinnell Classroom pilot Mini-Lessons teachers books to support spring and summer professional learning.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved a confidential educational agreement and classroom space allocation for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routines matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, and budgetary transfers for April 2020.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a bid from ABJ Sprinkler for the MGES sprinkler replacement project, purchase of facilities scheduling software, replacement of wireless domain controllers and access points at JTES and TFES, contract with IntegraOne for hardware maintenance and onsite support for the District data center, and a Chromebook lease for rising 5th graders and device refresh for rising 8th graders.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and the extra curricular report.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a contract correction for InRoll benefits software and a Memorandum of Understanding for Retirement Incentive for Spring 2020 between the Board of School Directors and the Upper Dublin Education Association.
Policy Committee Recommendations
The Board approved second reading and adoption of the following policies:
- Employment of District Staff (303)
- Student Teachers (307)
- Suspension and Furloughs (311)
- Evaluation of the Superintendent (312)
- Evaluation of District Staff (313)
- Safety (705)
- repeal of several employee policies that will be combined into section 300 (Employees)
The Board affirmed first readings of the following policies:
- Curriculum Development (105)
- Curriculum Review by Parents/Guardians, Students, and Community Members (105.1)
- Curriculum Renewal and Review Process (105.3)
- Allergies (210.2)
- Politics (361)
- Community Access to District Facilities (707)
- Public Access to District Records (801)
- Emergency Evacuation of Schools (805)
- Use of Recording Devices on School Buses (810.2)
- repeal of policies Guides for Planned Instruction (106), Adoption of Planned Instruction (107), and Adoption of Curriculum Materials (108)
Other Business and Reports
- The Board nominated Dr. Darlene Davis for representative of the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit's Board of Directors.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session preceding the meeting to discuss personnel matters.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- Graduation during school closure
- Liaison reports