8th Grade Update
Dear 8th Grade Parents,
It is time to finalize our plans for graduation! Can you believe that this time is already upon us?! In what will seem like light-speed, we will be presenting the graduates of Mayfield Junior School’s Class of 2015! This note should assist you in preparing for the final events of the school year.
- (Girls Only) Dress Fitting-- Monday, March 30th, 9:00am
- 8th Grade Musical: Godspell- Friday, April 24-26 (Reserved Seating)
- 8th Grade Trip – Wednesday – Friday, May 6-8
- Reach Out Assembly – Wednesday, May 13, 12:55 pm
- Sports Awards – Wednesday, May 27, 12:00 pm
- Blue and White Day – Friday, May 29 (half day)
- 8th Grade Faculty and Staff Thank You Lunch – Tuesday, June 2, 12:00 – 1:40 pm
- 8th Grade Lunch with Alumni Council – Wednesday, June 3, 11:00 – 1:00 pm
- 8th Grade Baccalaureate Mass (Gym) – Wednesday, June 3, 5:00 pm – Open Seating
- 8th Grade Graduation (Gym) – Friday, June 5 4:00 pm Reserved Seating (Graduates must arrive BY 3:00 pm for the group photo)
- 8th Grade Party – Friday, June 5 after Graduation
Attendance/Pickup in June
Please note that students are to be at school full days the week of June 2nd with the exception of Wednesday and Friday. Please follow regular pick-up times except on Wednesday June 4th when the students should be picked up at 1:15 in preparation for the Baccalaureate Mass that evening. Students do not need to come to school on the day of Graduation, Friday June 5th.
Graduation Gifts, Seating, and Annoucements
- Each student will receive one gift from the school. It is our intention that the gift is to be worn at the graduation ceremony.
- In addition, there will be two reserved seats for the parents of each graduate. There will also be additional open seating available in the back of the gymnasium for family members.
- The doors of the gymnasium will be open at 3:00 p.m. for seating.
- Graduates should be here BY 3:00pm for the group photo.
- Ten (10) graduation announcements have been provided for your family and will be sent home on Wednesday, April 1st with your child.
Graduation Dress Fitting
Monday, March 30th, 9am
405 South Euclid Avenue
- Girls should bring the shoes they plan on wearing to this fitting.
- We require shoes with a low heel (not to exceed 2.5")
- Please refrain from scheduling appointments on this day as our seamstress can only come at this time.
- The total cost of the dress is $120.00, and the check may be made payable to MJS. It is due by dress delivery in May.
Following the graduation our room parents have planned a dinner. The event is for graduates and their families. The room mothers will provide details soon.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact your child’s advisor, Patti Bedrosian, and/or Bridget Kelley-Lossada. Also, we encourage you to visit the parent portal of the website regularly as we will post updates and important information. Please navigate to the “8th Grade Resource Page” when checking for updates.