Birth- Age 2
- Refers to the quality and intensity of emotional reactions.
- Passivity relates to how actively involved a child is with his or her surroundings.
- A passive infant withdraws from a new person or event.
- Irritability , difficult to comfort, or even to hold them.
- Caring for these infants is easier for adults.
- Strong emotional connection that develops between people.
- Shows infants care for respond to certain people.
- Separation anxiety- When child becomes excessively anxious when separated from parents.
- care givers need to prepare the attachment behavior.
- 9-18 month children have difficulty with separation.
- 15 months is strongest.