Class of 2021
Cap/Gown Orders and Other Important Information
Can you believe it’s time to order caps and gowns, apply for college, finalize career plans, and all the other exciting milestones senior year brings? There’s much information to be shared. We have tried to compile as much important information as possible into one document so you do not have to search through multiple emails for information.
Mrs. Zeigler is beginning the process of double checking every student’s graduation plan and schedule to be sure all students will meet graduation requirements by the end of the year. Schedule adjustments can be made semester 2 if students are in need of additional classes/credits. If you immediate questions, please contact Mrs. Zeigler.
If you are unsure about your career, check out PA CareerZone, an easy to use website that can help you narrow down career choices. You can take assessments to be matched with jobs, create a resume, and more! Networking and talking to everyone you know about their jobs is also helpful as many people learn about jobs through word of mouth. What do your friends’ parents do? Your aunts and uncles? Mrs. Zeigler will gladly meet with any student/parent to help brainstorm ideas. Visit www.pacareerzone.org for more details.
Please email Mrs. Zeigler if you would like an overview of the PA Career Zone website. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please visit the College Corner of the Counseling Center website. You can find a detailed college planning timeline, virtual visits from our local college reps, information on the college planning process, financial aid, and more. This page is a work in progress and will be updated as we receive additional information!
· We recommend students who are applying to any 4 year school to submit their applications by Thanksgiving. Mrs. Zeigler encourages all college bound students and/or parents to meet with her for a more individualized conversation about college planning.
· Although many colleges are now “test optional”, students should still consider taking the SAT as it may be required for certain scholarships/special programs. If students need to schedule the SAT, it is offered on November 7th at other local schools and December 5th at West Perry. Register online at www.collegeboard.org and practice at www.khanacademy.org.
· Please note the FAFSA financial aid form opened on October 1st and should be completed in order to be eligible for financial aid. This CAN be completed before students have been accepted to college.
Click on this link for everything you need to know about completing the FAFSA. https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/completing-the-fafsa
Visit www.studentaid.gov for more information and to complete the FAFSA.
Scholarships will be announced on the morning announcements, emailed directly to students, and posted in the counseling center monthly newsletter.
Virtual Financial Aid Night Presentation
Monday, Oct. 19th, 6pm
This is an online event.
Join us for a virtual Financial Aid Night presentation conducted by PA Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA). This presentation provides an early understanding of the financial aid process. Participants will gain an understanding of the types and sources of aid available to help cover the cost of attendance at post-secondary schools. Participants will also learn how to apply for financial aid, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), which is required to determine eligibility for most student aid programs, such as the Pennsylvania State Grant, Federal Pell Grant, institutional awards, and federal student and parent loans.
To attend the webinar: Click Here
Counseling Center Newsletter
· Senior pictures were taken at the end of September. If you did not have your picture taken please call 1-800-445-1189 to schedule an appointment for the make-up date on November 2nd.
· Senior parent ads are due January 31st and can be placed at www.jostensadservice.com.
· Finally, Senior Biographies and baby photos are due November 20th. Check your email for a google form the week of October 12th.
Please contact your class advisors, Mrs. Elmes and Mrs. Casper, about class dues and fundraisers. Information and updates are posted within Google Classroom and sent via email.
Caps/Gowns and Senior Keepsakes/Apparel
Below you will find an email from Josten’s about ordering senior keepsakes, apparel, graduation announcements, and caps and gowns. There are catalogs available in the Counseling Center if you have not already received one. Orders can be submitted online OR on our drive-thru ordering day, October 17th.
Dear West Perry High Seniors!
Due to Covid-19, we are doing things differently. What won't change is the Class of 2021!
Please click your Senior class meeting video below.
Please make sure to order your custom graduation announcements now, along with your keepsakes, Senior gear, and most important, your Cap and Gown set. Packets were distributed at school. If you did not receive a packet, please contact the school office.
DRIVE BY ORDER DAY Saturday October 17
9:00 a.m. to Noon / Outside Main Entrance
Or ONLINE or By Mail
ORDERS DUE ON Saturday OCTOBER 17, 2020
Or Online or by mail before this date.
Please open the video below and once you are in the video link, you can…
Click the button below the video to order online.
Click the contact me button for questions.