May 23rd-May 27th
- We will be continuing our unit: People who make a difference
- Focus people for this week: Jane Goodall
- We will focusing on finding the main idea of the entire passage as well as each the main idea for each paragraph. We want students to understand the difference between the topic and the main idea.
- For example, topic of the passage is Jane Goodall. Main idea of the passage is Jane Goodall did many great things throughout her life. Main idea of paragraph two is Jane Goodall grew up and went to school in England.
- This week we will be focusing on reflexive pronouns (herself, himself, ourselves, etc.)
- Students will need to be able to identify the subject and the reflexive pronoun in the sentence.
- For example: Michelle read the book to herself quietly. The subject is Michelle (who the sentence is about) and the reflexive pronoun is herself (referring to Michelle)
Thank you so much to everyone that was able to come celebrate all of the learning that has been going on in Room 304. We loved seeing all of the smiling faces that were so proud to share their hard work. We are so proud of them!