Indian Creek Elementary - May 2016
I want to take this last newsletter of the year to thank all the people who have made this school year a success. I first want to thank the staff of Indian Creek. Our students are so fortunate to have such a dedicated and passionate staff that gives tirelessly of themselves to become a “Champion” for every child who walks through our doors. Secondly, I want to thank the parents. We have had countless parent volunteers coming in and out of our building this school year to help and support our students and teachers, especially our PFO members who spend an enormous amount of hours at school supporting ALL students. Our PFO supports our teachers and administration in our mission to provide Indian Creek students with experiences that they cannot get anywhere else. Lastly, I greatly appreciate our community partners who have backed our school from day one, specifically Puccini's Pizza, Buffalo Wild Wings, Culver's, and Incrediplex. One of my biggest joys this school year was being able to provide every student with an Indian Creek t shirt and not a day goes by that I don’t see at least one student wearing their IC shirt with pride. This has been a fast and fun filled school year and would certainly not have been possible without all the support from so many individuals. I look forward to continuing to grow our school with our community. Enjoy your summer, be sure to read, and we will see you all back on August 2
ndfor our “Together on Tuesday” evening from 4:00-6:00 PM.
Click here to read all Sunday messages. If you are not receiving weekly Sunday messages via email please contact the office at 964-4400.
10: PFO General Meeting; 6:30
13: 4th Grade Pioneer Day
17: 1st Grade Zoo Night; 6:00
19 2nd Grade Family Night; 6:00
20: Field Day (Rain Date - May 24th)
26: 6th Grade Celebration
26: End of Year Celebration @ Incrediplex 5:30
27: Last Day for Students
View the 2016-2017 School Year Calendar
Attention ALL LT Families!
In order to prepare for the 2016 - 2017 school year, we need some important information about ALL current students. This information is REQUIRED of all students (whether returning or not), and needed for class placement and bus routing. Please follow the link below and complete the information for your student(s) for 2016-2017.http://www.ltschools.org/enrollment/enrollment-bus-information
Month in Review - April
Indian Creek Explorers are revving up their engines and making a strong push to the finish line! Last month our students participated in Folk Dance festivals and Math Pentathlon competitions, and completed the last phase of ISTEP+ testing. As if that wasn't enough, 2nd grade students observed baby chicks hatching in their classrooms, 3rd grade students designed simple machines, and 4th graders sharpened their coding skills. In 5th grade, students produced music videos and the 6th Grade Student Leadership Academy completed their "Pennies for Patients" fundraising drive. All of our students work together like gears of an engine to keep our school thriving and moving forward!
Explorer News TV
Before and After School Care Opportunities
- If your student is NOT returning to Indian Creek next year, please contact the front office at 964-4400 as soon as possible. Parents of 6th graders – if your student is moving out of the district (NOT attending Belzer or Fall Creek Valley), please notify the office asap.
- If you are not receiving Mr. Kemper’s Sunday night phone messages, please call the office at 317-964-4400 and make sure we have your updated phone number.
- If you have moved (or will move during the summer) you need to update your address at the Welcome Center, 6501 Sunnyside Rd, door #4. Proof of residency required is a lease or mortgage statement & current utility bill.
- If your student has medication in the clinic, it MUST be picked up by a parent/guardian by Friday, May 27th. If medication is not picked up by that date, it will be discarded. 5th grade parents - please don’t forget to update your student’s immunizations over the summer. Letters with specific instructions will be coming home at the end of the year.
Honor an Educator
2016 "FORE THE KIDS" GOLF TOURNAMENT
Join the Lawrence Township School Foundation in raising $30,000 in their 30th annual "FORE THE KIDS" Golf Tournament. The event will take place on Thursday, June 2, 2016. The tournament will again be played at Old Oakland Golf Club. Please come out and enjoy a great day of golf "Fore the Kids" and help us make a positive difference in the education of our students! For registration or sponsorship information, visit the Foundation’s website at www.msdltf.org
Parent Information and Resource Center
Did you know that there is a Parent Information and Resource Center in our area? The Indiana Partnerships Center located at 911 E. 86th Street, Suite 110 works to empower parents about their rights and responsibilities pertaining to their children’s education in the following ways:
Providing parent-focused workshops that are scheduled by schools, community groups, or parent groups.
Providing education-related information and resource materials, including information about school choice, attendance, tips for parents and teachers talking together, and how to have a family friendly school.
Helping schools develop parent engagement strategies that provide opportunities for parents to become decision-makers in their children's school, resources for school improvement, and mentors to others.
Contact them at 317-205-2595 or on the web at www.fscp.org for more information on how you can become involved!
Community Activities & Events
- Lawrence Central Volleyball Clinic June 11 - for girls entering grades 4 - 6 from 9:00 am - 12 noon. Contact Coach Montgomery at email@example.com.
- Summer Art Camp - a visual and performing arts day camp held at the Theater at the Fort, 8920 Otis Ave., June 20-July 22 9 am - 3 pm, open to ages 6 - 12
- Lawrence Central Tennis Camp June 6 – July 22. Contact “Coach Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 219-241-2120.
- IN Junior Master Naturalist is a wonderful 2016 Summer Camp opportunity for science-minded 9-13 year olds to learn, explore and volunteer outside at Fort Harrison State Park. Email email@example.com or call 317-591-1022.
- Join STEM Scouts at McKenzie Center for Innovation & Technology, 7250 East 75th Street, Door 6, Lab 4N! Meetings are every Wednesday from 4:00 to 5:30pm, for elementary (3-6) and middle school (7-8). Sign up today at stemscouts.org/indianapolis! For more information, contact Bethany Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Creek Elementary
School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
10833 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46235
The attendance line is available 24 hours a day, 317-964-4405. If absence is not confirmed by parent/guardian, it will be UNEXCUSED! Please call the attendance line by 8:00 am if your student will be absent.