Samsung Launches The Galaxy Note
Samsung Launches The Galaxy Note Which Is A Winner In The Phablet Segment
The company Samsung was founded in 1969 in the Suwon province in South Korea and since then they have been manufacturing mobiles and electronic goods and have emerged as a leader in smart phone sales. The first smart phone by the company was launched in 2009 and the Samsung Galaxy Note in 2011.
When was the Galaxy Note launched ?
It was announced by Samsung in the IFA conducted in Berlin in 2011. It was launched in public in October 2011 in Germany and in other countries right afterwards. In India it was available in November. Samsung mad a special edition for the North America in February 2012. It was a major hit and Samsung informed that it had already sold over 10 million Notes from the launch date to August 2012.
Come and have a look at the spec sheet of the Samsung galaxy Note:
- The phone has a pretty big touchscreen measuring 5.29 inches which is a winner as it brought the concept of a mixture of phone and tablets to the market for the first time. It has a 800 by 1280 pixels resolution with 285 pixels an inch ppi.
- It has a 1.4 Ghz dual-core processor with a RAM of 1 GB.
- It has an internal memory of 16 GB which can be expanded till 32GB with a memory card.
- The device runs on the Android 2.3 version.
- The battery has 2500mAh strength.
- It weighs only 1.78 grams so it is pretty lightweight but due to its size cannot fit into the pocket easily. It is also not convenient to hold it upto the ears to talk.
- It has a micro-sim slot and supports only one sim.
- It has multiple connectivity options like that of wifi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G, GPS and includes Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Proximity sensor.
- The rear camera includes a flash with 8Mp strength and the front one has strength of 2mp which is okay for selfies but not good enough for video chatting.
- The Galaxy Note also has a standard feature which is present in most of its large smartphones. It has a stylus which is known as S Pen. There is a slot in the bottom of the panel into which the stylus can be tucked. It can be used to write on or draw on the screen and make sticky notes.