Panda Pride Pulse
Parkside Media Center News Letter | MAY 2021
Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month this May and every day with a special PBS collection of stories that explores the history, traditions and culture of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
Mark Cuban is generously supplying cash prizes and Thorndike Press will donate prize packs that allow libraries to build their large print collections.
Grand Prize: $5,000 and $1,000 of large print books and a virtual author Facebook live chat with your school
Second Place: $2,500 and $500 of large print books
4 Runner Ups: $2,500 and $250 of large print books
We determine winning schools based on multiple factors, including:
- Outreach: Number of registrants in relation to number of students enrolled in relation to school size.
- Active participation: Percentage of those enrolled who actively log during the challenge.
- Logging numbers: Total minutes and/or books logged at the school, in relation to the total number of students and participants.
- Community sharing: Share and post about #LevelUp2021 and #BeanThereReadThat on social media for some extra participation “brownie points.” :)
Teachers, Parents, Support Staff, Admin & friends YOU can help us reach our yearly goal of 605,000 minutes!
SEL BOOK OF THE MONTH
Greta and the Giants By Zoe Tucker
This picture book tells the story of Nobel Peace Prize nominee Greta Thunberg—the Swedish teenager who has led a global movement to raise awareness about the world’s climate crisis— using allegory to make this important topic accessible to young children and illustrates that no one is too small or too young to advocate for issues that matter.
CLASS PASS IS FREE FOR APS STUDENTS & EMPLOYEES!
If you are an Atlanta Public Schools student or employee you have access to many resources, including digital collections, eBooks, eAudiobooks, videos, as well as all of the books available in the public libraries and it's FREE!
There is no library card involved. Students use the APS username and password.
The best way to access CLASS PASS is through your APS MyBackPack.
Sign in with APS credentials followed by @student.apsk12.org and you will have access to your APS Outlook email and all Office apps. You may also log into My FCLS at the top right corner of the library's website.
YES! You can take Accelerated Reader test at home!
Need to find out if a book is an AR book?
2. Once there, click on student, or parent
3. In "Quick Search," type the title of the book
4. If the book is indeed an AR title, information about the book will appear, if it is not an AR title, it will say, "No AR Quiz"
MyBackpack eBook Shelf
APS District eBook Shelf
To access the APS eBook shelf, students should log into My Back Pack. Select the eBooks tile. From here, all apps are accessible for student use.
To access apps requiring username/password, use the following credentials:
Big Timber Books