Volume 3, Issue 27 - February 7, 2021
A Message from Dr. Lowry
Good Afternoon WoodCreek Family!
Thank you, Timberwolves, for an amazing week and for appreciating our outstanding counselors. Here are a few important reminders as we start our next week.
- Counselors will begin meeting individually with 6th and 7th graders about next year's courses. Click HERE for additional information about course selections.
- Pixie Gram orders close on Wednesday! Get your orders in and support our Student Council.
- Readopoly Reading Challenge going on in the library.
- The deadline to place an ad in our yearbook to honor your student is this Thursday.
Please take some time to review this week's Timberwolf Times as it includes lots of important information.
Dr. Andrew Lowry
WoodCreek Junior High
This Week in Timberwolf Nation
Monday, February 8
- Timberwolf Spirit Day - Wear your WCJH gear!
- KVA/Face-to-Face Switch Window for 5th Six Weeks is open this week CLOSES
- 7th Girls Basketball vs. Adams JH @ WCJH
- 8th Girls Basketball vs. Adams JH @ AJH
Tuesday, February 9
Wednesday, February 10
Thursday, February 11
- 7th Grade Boys Basketball vs Adams JH @ AJH
- 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs Adams JH @ WCJH
Friday, February 12
- College Spirit Day - Wear your favorite school's gear!
- Theatre Performance
Saturday, February 13
- Theatre Performance
Readopoly Reading Challenge
- Readopoly begins January 11th and Ends April 27, 2021. ONLY BOOKS COMPLETED WITHIN THIS TIME WILL COUNT.
- Pick Up a board from the library or you can print one at home.
- Complete the challenge by reading books identified in the spaces of the game board.
- Every time you complete a section of 10, record the title on the space provided and show the library staff to receive your prize. (10-lunch with friend or poster, 20-pick your prize, 30-free ID/Lanyard, 39-Meal voucher to a fast food restaurant).
- Students may bring their boards to the library or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org * KVA students can pick up their prizes from 9:30-3:00pm on Fridays (call the library with your name and we will bring out the prize to your vehicle.
- If you read 39 books your name will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing. Two winners will be drawn for $25.00 dollars, worth of Amazon books.
The books will be student choice but must meet the Katy ISD book selection policy.
Library Checkout Procedure
Please click here for our library procedures to check out library books.
Please keep in mind, these procedures may change depending on the needs of the school or due to a change in guidance from Katy ISD.
Honor Your Student With a Yearbook Ad
Join the Yearbook Staff!
Click HERE for the application. All parts of the application are due FRIDAY, MARCH 26.
From the WCJH Counseling Team
Would you like to learn more about the WoodCreek Junior High counseling team? Are you interested in hearing more about the services our counseling department has to offer? Would you like to discover some helpful parenting resources? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should visit the WCJH Counselor Website by clicking this link or on the picture below: https://woodcreekcounselor.weebly.com/
Support the Katy ISD Education Foundation
Signal Your Support for Katy ISD Teachers
In the last 9 years, WoodCreek Junior High has received $7,614 in Inspiring Imagination teacher grants. This year, we invite you to join our community-wide initiative rallying friends and neighbors in support of Katy ISD teachers. Support the Katy ISD Education Foundation with $20 + monthly and receive an “I Support Teachers” decal in the mail!
All proceeds benefit the Foundation’s Inspiring Imagination teacher grants.
Face to Face Student Health Protocols
All students should complete a daily self-screening for symptoms prior to arriving to school or boarding a school bus.
- All students are provided daily guidance on proper hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and social distancing.
- All students are required to wear a facial covering upon arrival to school and dismissal, when riding a bus, in hallways, common areas and in classrooms.
- All facial coverings should cover the nose and mouth.
- All students must be up to date with state require immunization compliance.
- All students are provided sanitizing wipes to clean work space before classroom instruction begins.
- All students are encouraged to use hand sanitizer before classroom instruction begins and ends.
- All students are seated with as much separation as feasible during the instructional day.
Contact Emails for Smart Restart Questions
Be sure to visit the Katy ISD Smart Restart page often, as the district updates it frequently with the latest information about KVA, In-Person school, Athletics, Fine Arts, Safety Protocols, links to newsletters and more.
Katy Virtual Academy Questions
Special Education Questions
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Due to the impact of COVID-19, Katy ISD is providing a free breakfast and lunch to all students through the end of June. However, since the free meal waiver for all students expires on June 30, we want to make sure that students who were eligible for free and reduced meals last school year continue to receive free meals as we continue into the start of the new school year. Student meal eligibility also contributes to additional funding for your child’s campus and the district.
The Free & Reduced Lunch application can be completed in your student’s SchoolCafe account here.
The PTA plays a vital role in our school - by sponsoring many of our important and fun activities and by supporting our teachers, staff, and students! Even in the midst of the changes we have this year on campus, we rely on our PTA for many things.
Don't miss out on any of it - click here to join the WoodCreek Junior High PTA!
PTA Gift Card Collection
Sign up for Important Updates - Join Remind
Join our remind groups for important text updates.
Mission Statement: WoodCreek Junior High, in partnership with the community, parents, and students, will provide a safe, positive, engaging learning environment that is devoted to empowering each student to become a productive, responsible, respectful citizen while achieving academic excellence.
WCJH Administrative Team
Dr. Andrew Lowry Principal
Tim Chesser Assistant Principal - Student Support
Lauren Merriman Assistant Principal - 6th grade and 8th grade M-Z
Stephanie McDonald Assistant Principal - 7th grade and 8th grade A-L
Jodi Slaughter Counselor - 8th Grade
Brittany Waddell Counselor - 7th Grade
Jessie Clay Counselor - 6th Grade