Rise Class News
Your Students Have Been Busy!
- Participated in our Literacy Blitz in preparation for the OSSLT
- Wrote the OSSLT. You should receive results with the student's final report card in July. The results are private and will give you an indication of how well the student is mastering the required literacy skills, which are the foundation for success in all subjects and in life beyond school.
- Listened to the Serial podcast "The Alibi" base on the real life story of Adnan Syed who was found guilty of murdering his girlfriend, Hae Min Lee, in 1999. We are anxiously awaiting the judge's decision of whether to grant Adnan Syed a new trial or not.
- Planted lots of seeds for our community garden.
In April, students will
- Write a supported opinion essay to explain whether they believe Adnan Syed is guilty or not guilty.
- Read a short biography of a Canadian who was wrongfully convicted.
- Write a report and create a presentation to demonstrate what they have learned about this real life story
- Discuss ways to manage their emotions and how to resolve conflicts in Personal Life Management
The APC Community Garden
Change The World - Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge
Rise students will be going to the YWCA on April 27th and 28th to help prepare newsletters that are sent out to their supporters. I will send permission forms home once the times are confirmed.
Alternative Pathway's Open House
Thursday, April 28th, 4:30-6:30pm
1 Caroline Street
Saint Catharines, ON
April 21st is midterm of semester 2 already. Reports cards will be sent to you by home schools the following week.