Greenlodge Weekly Update 6/18/2021
From the entire Greenlodge Staff... Have a safe and happy Summer!
Thank you for FIVE amazing years!
Dear Families,As you know this is my final year at Greenlodge and my last Weekly Update. Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words I have received over this past week. Greenlodge will always hold a very special place in my heart. I will dearly miss the families and staff. Have a healthy, happy summer!
All my best,
Class Placement, Step-Up Day and Staffing Changes...
Here are the teams for next year...
1st grade - Balfour, Flanagan, Robers
2nd grade - Bryant, Mahoney, Shah
3rd grade - Briscoe, Dolleman, Killgoar
4th grade - Magnacca, Mucci, Patts
5th grade - Edmunds and Toomey
Special thanks to an outstanding 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Zolkosky, who will be leaving the 3rd grade team next year. Mrs. Berry will also be leaving Greenlodge next year to be closer to home. Both of these outstanding educators will be missed by students and staff. Best wishes!
We'd also like to send a special farewell to several paraprofessionals who will be leaving Greenlodge to pursue other school/career opportunities. We couldn't have made it through this year without you!
Congratulations Mrs. Condon on you Retirement!
Summer Reading, Writing and Math
Avery Summer Institute
June is Pride Month
- Wednesday, June 9th - 4th and 5th grade Rainbow Club. Click here to learn more and to sign-up your 4th or 5th grade student.
- Pride Month is both a joyful celebration and a reminder that people in the LGBTQ community deserve the same rights as everyone else.
- This article in Parenting Magazine can provide information on how to talk to your children about pride.
- Our school library has a number of children's books that explain different identities, and others are just good stories with characters who happen to be LGBTQ+. Here's a list of them all.
School Meals Program Updates
Please take a close look at this flyer with detailed information on school breakfast and lunches.
- Breakfast and lunch will remain FREE for all through June 30th.
- Summer meal pick-up will continue - see flyer for locations and times
New England Math League High Scorers...
... at School Committee
Curiosity Challenge winner - 1st grader Anton Derti
5th graders enjoy Hale Reservation
Corn Hole was a blast! Special thanks to Mr. Serrano and parent volunteers.
Notes From The Nurse...
Thank You! As a community, we came together to keep the whole school healthy. I am proud to say that Greenlodge had no transmissions of COVID-19 in school this year. I appreciate your patience and understanding, recognizing how challenging it was for families. Have a safe and healthy summer!
End-of-year: If you have not already, please pick up medications Monday June 21st at noon at your child’s classroom. If medication is left after June 21st, you can call the front office to pick it up. Any medication left at school after June 25th will be discarded.
4th Grade Physicals: please send in updated physical forms. We are required by state regulation to ensure 4th grade students receive a physical exam.
Thinking ahead: Allergy/Asthma Action Plans and medication orders must be renewed each school year. Please start working with your child’s provider in August to get updated orders for September 2021.
Call or email if you have any health-related questions: (781) 310-4248, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the GREEN bar above to take a look at the community events and flyers
The PTO has launched DirectorySpot and you should have received an automated email with download and password setting instructions. It seems many people have had problems with the automated email invite. Here is some info that may help.
Log into DirectorySpot on the web version. Go to https://www.directoryspot.net and click Login in the upper right.
- Enter your email as the username and your DirectorySpot password.
- You should be directed to your family record. If not, go to Directory/Family Search. Find your own record and double click to get the edit screens. You can review the data, make and edits or deletions and click "save." Once finished, click "save." Then to make your record available for others in your directory to see, click the green "Share Data" button. All data is either hidden or shared.
Check-out the Greenlodge Homepage!
- Links to current and past newsletters and headlines
- Food service information
- Bus application
- Families Digital Support Page
- Counseling resources
- Coronavirus Updates
- If your child is sick or will be out of school for any reason, please call the attendance line. 781-310-4799 to report the absence.
- If your child is required to stay home due to illness or quarantine , they are no longer able to attend school remotely.
- The school will excuse up to 7 absences in a six month period. Students who are chronically absent will receive notification from the school.
- Please see the student handbook for full details regarding attendance.
Other District Information...
Dedham Public Schools has translated resource pages:
Please click here for translated curriculum and resources.
Haga clic aquí para ver el currículo y los recursos traducidos.
Clique aqui para obter o currículo e os recursos traduzidos.
Пожалуйста, нажмите здесь для перевода учебной программы и ресурсов.
Ju lutemi klikoni këtu për kurrikulën dhe burimet e përkthyera.
الرجاء الضغط هنا للحصول على المناهج والمواد المترجمة.
There is also a Parent Support Group for Spanish speaking families.
Learn more here:Parent Support Group Flyer (Spanish)
Substance Abuse Support Group for Children: Please see this flyer for information about a virtual group to support children dealing with the impacts of a loved ones substance abuse.