Westward Expansion

Big image

Manifest Destiny Painting

The meaning of the painting is that god wants the to move west. It relates to the westward expansion by showing that the angle is pointing the or moving west.
Big image

Texas Revolution

Settlers moved to Texas because Mexico just gained all that land and no one was there to keep it populated.

The Battle of the Alamo was General Santa Anna v. Colonel William. Texans held up for two weeks but they all ended up being killed, including Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie.

The Battle of San Jacinto was Sam Houston v. Santa Anna. Santa Anna's army was surrounded at camp and defeated quickly by Houston.

Mexican- American War

A cause of The American war is the dispute over land.

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was when California, Nevada and Utah increased size of U.S. 25% they did pay mexico $15 million for lands acquired.

Americans declared California independent of Mexico which was called The Bear Flag Revolt.

Gadsden Purchased Arizona and New Mexico.

Gold Rush Performance Writing

a. There is mostly young unmarried men here. There is only 5% of women and children here. There is 80% Americans and the other 20% are people that came from all over the world to strike rich. They work all day in the mines to try to find gold. There is land that is being claimed by many of people. My business has increased tremendously since the gold rush.

b. People are heading to California to "Get Rich Quick". They will get to mine for gold and whatever gold they find, will be theirs. They will also get to get land. With rich resources and mild climates.

c. Dear Family,

These mining camps are crazy. Everyone is trying their hardest to find gold. Everyone really wants to strike the gold. It is pretty mild out here. Its nice weather to be digging for gold. I have been working as hard as I can to search for the gold. I've been working long days with my gold pan and shovel. There are a lot of sicknesses going around. With so many people in the gold mines, people will get sick easily.