Temecula Luiseño Elementary School
On-Campus COVID-19 Preventative Health and Safety Procedures
Information and Guidance for Families
Included below is a summary of our return to campus protocols to ensure students, families, and staff health and safety.
Monday - At-Home Asynchronous Day
Tuesday-Friday - On-Campus Cohorts
AM Cohort Session: 8:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
PM Cohort Session 12:55 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Planning for March 15 - Tips for Families and Students
Students who remain in the online instruction model will follow the same AM/PM schedule as the on-campus cohorts.
WHAT WILL SCHOOL LOOK LIKE?
Classrooms will have desks that are spaced at least six feet apart. Each desk will have a plexiglass shield mounted to it. No more than 16 people counting the teacher or instructional assistants will be assigned to each classroom.
CDPH and TVUSD COVID-19 Safety Resources
TVUSD is required to provide COVID-19 testing resources for students. Families will be provided with information on how to obtain optional testing for their students.
BEFORE SENDING CHILD TO SCHOOL
DAILY AT-HOME STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Check students temperature (Must be under 100 degrees) without the aid of fever-reducing medicine
- Bring student mask/face covering
- Bring student personal refillable water bottle
- Bring student district-issued or personal iPad, Chromebook, or other compatible learning devices
- Bring student assigned instructional materials
- Have students eat a healthy breakfast.
- Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school. Meals are not consumed on campus.
ARRIVAL AT SCHOOL AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
STUDENT ARRIVAL/ENTRY - See Map Below
AM Cohort Student Drop Off: 8:30 AM - 8:40 AM
PM Cohort Student Drop Off: 12:40 PM - 12:50 PM
No student entry prior to 8:35 a.m. (AM) or 12:45 p.m. (PM).
Students arriving by car will be dropped off in the front loop. Parents may not exit the vehicle and must be wearing a mask while in the vehicle.
Any parents/families who walk students to arrival will need to walk around the loop to one of the two stop signs at each end of the parking lot There will be a cone/sign posted to indicate the point where parents/families must say goodbye to students.
If students ride their bikes or scooters to school, they will park their wheels in the bike area closest to the gate they are entering
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
Parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in if a prior meeting has been arranged.
For students with transportation services, the bus will enter campus and stop in the bus loop. Aides and teachers meet students in specialized classes at the bus loop and perform screening on the student before the student enters campus.
- Students will be entering and exiting through grade-level identified gates. Signs will be posted on those gates as well as staff monitoring them.
- Students will enter classrooms through the outside doors.
- During class time, they will use the exterior to access the restrooms and return to class.
- If a student needs to go to the health office, the teacher will call the health clerk/LVN and the person will go directly to the classroom and assess the student outside of the classroom before escorting the student safely to the proper room (health office or transition room).
MAP of Pick-Up and Drop off Path
LEAVING CAMPUS - PICK-UP PROCEDURES
STUDENT DISMISSAL - See Map Above
AM Cohort Dismissal: 11:15 AM
PM Cohort Dismissal: 3:25 PM
Dismissal for walkers/riders will be staggered so that they leave the classroom before students riding in cars are dismissed.
Walkers will be dismissed first and will follow the same traffic pattern and exit the same gate as they entered. Parents will wait for walkers in one of the assigned parent waiting areas.
Students will dismiss from their classroom through the outside door and follow the traffic patterns and utilize the same arrival/dismissal gate.
Parents are strongly encouraged to pick-up by car regardless of student age as staff will be on hand to help all grades.
Parents picking up by car will wait in the car and students will be picked up at the curb. Parents may not exit the vehicle and must be wearing a mask. Please be sure the placard given to you with your student's name is clearly visible in the front right dashboard of your vehicle. Families with more than one student at our school should display the name of the younger students as older siblings are encouraged to line up with them.
Parents who are walking to pick up students must stop at the cones located at each side of the parking lot near the stop signs. Students and parents who are walking are encouraged to pre-arrange a meeting spot at one of these two parent waiting areas.
For students with transportation services, aides and teachers accompany students to the bus loop to board the bus or meet parents.
LUNCH AND NUTRITION
GRAB AND GO MEALS
- Student meals will be available for distribution for TVUSD students every Monday at all six TVUSD middle schools. Meals are not available at individual schools.
- All meals are to be consumed at home. Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school.
- Parents can pick up 7-day meal packs between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at any of the six middle school locations every Monday.
Meal kits provided on Mondays will contain 7 lunches, 7 breakfasts, and enough fruits, vegetables, milk & juice for one complete week.
- TVUSD enrolled students do not have to be present. Parents can bring printout proof of enrollment from the Infinite Campus portal.
- Non-enrolled siblings under 18 years of age of enrolled TVUSD students may also receive meals. Non-enrolled siblings must be present.
SIGNAGE AND SITE WALKING PATTERNS
Arrows for directional walking in hallways and throughout the interior of campus will facilitate physical distancing.
Hand sanitizing and hand washing stations will be accessible.
Kindergarten - Bathrooms in kinder area
Grades 1-2 = Rooms 12-23 Bathrooms
Grade 3 = Rooms 24-37 Bathrooms
Grades 4-5 = Rooms 38-51 Bathrooms
Soap, hand sanitizers, and paper towels will be available.
Handwashing and physical distancing signs will be displayed.
HEALTH OFFICE AND TRANSITION ROOM SPACES
Students who are ill will be evaluated in the Transition Room in the front office.
Routine Medical Needs: Students who take daily medication, need band-aids, etc. will receive medical attention in the health office/front office.
11:15 - 11:30 a.m.: Kinder Wing
11:30 - 12:00 p.m.: 1st/2nd Grade
12:00 - 12:15 p.m.: 3rd Grade
12:20 - 12:45 p.m.: 4th/5th Grade
Classrooms and mutual spaces on campus will be disinfected nightly by custodians utilizing an electrostatic sprayer.
Safety Data Sheets regarding all cleaning products being used are available on the following website - Please CLICK HERE.
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
If meeting has been pre arranged, parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
Unfortunately at this time, no parent volunteers will be allowed on campus.
Child care hubs will be available, with limited space, at most elementary school campuses. The AM/PM schedule will coincide with your child's AM/PM learning schedule and will be available during the students’ asynchronous learning time. Child care hub hours of operation will be 8:15 am to 3:55 pm. To be considered for enrollment, parents must submit the electronic form below.
As many families' learning model confirmations may be predicated on securing childcare, TVUSD's Childcare Department will confirm your child care enrollment status, based on space availability, by Thursday, February 25, to allow families to complete the learning confirmation survey by Friday, February 26.
If you are interested in childcare as part of your child's on-campus learning model, please complete the registration form below as soon as possible. If a program at one site reaches capacity for some reason, we will make every effort to contact the parent needing childcare to discuss options at other sites that may be available.
The application window closes on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, to ensure notifications by Thursday, February 25.
Questions should be directed to TVUSD's Childcare Department. Please email email@example.com.