Mrs.Mihalik's Mac 'n' Cheese Smore
Our First Update
Our New Smore Group
Hello! We each have a part to play in producing this newsletter. Everyone writes an article and Airi and Ethan edit them, that way it works like a real newsletter!
By: Stephen C.
Beetles in the School By Ethan Gravin
Exciting news on P.E.
*Our Amazing Vice Principal
- What interested you in becoming Vice Principal? "Being a Vice Principal gave me the opportunity to work with students, teachers, and families. I want to help children learn best and help solve problems!"
- Have you ever been interested in other jobs? " I was a teacher for fifteen years at three schools in the Poway Unified School District. If I wasn't a teacher, I would be a...pro sticker collector! Just kidding! I would rather be working with children!"
- Have you ever done a sport for a long time? "I was a cross country runner in high school for one season, but have been into bike riding ever since!"
- What schools did you go to as a child? "I went to Sunset Hills Elementary, Black Mountain Middle, Mt. Carmel, and Abraxas High School!"
- Where were you born? "I am a California girl, and I was born in Newport Beach. (But I really didn't go to the beach.)
1. Ms. Watkins teaches a night class at Ashford University.
2. Her favorite ice cream flavor is mint.
3. Ms. Watkins' favorite food are nachos!
4. She has three kids and is visiting Thailand this spring!
5. She believes that the best medicine is laughing!
"I left a joke for you Roadrunners! Wait, maybe next time. It's too cheesy!"
By: Ayane Coker
The Hottest Video Games Survey
Now I'm moving on to the favorite video games. The favorite video game of two percent of students is Five Nights at Freddy's. Eighteen percent of students love Minecraft (the most popular). Three percent of students prefer Call Of Duty. Two percent of students like Disney Infinity. One percent of students play Tearaway. Another one percent of the students favor Animal Jam. Another one percent of the students play The Walking Dead (it's a famous game). Still another one percent prefer Destiny. One percent of the students favor the game Bully. Yet another one percent of the students like Poptropica. Pokemon is played by a different one percent of students. Mario Kart is favored by a different one percent. One percent of students prefer to play Castle Clash. And finally, one percent of the students' favorite is Lego Star Wars.
Are video games good, bad or both? One percent of the students think that they are both good and bad. Twelve percent of students think they are good for you. And nineteen percent think they are bad for you.
This is what students have against video games. Seven percent of students think that they get less exercise. Fourteen percent of students think that they have major addiction to video games. Ten percent of students think that they cause headaches, sore eyes, and make them feel tired. Two percent of students think they have too much violence. Three percent of students think that there is too much inappropriate stuff and three percent of the students have nothing against video games. This is a survey about what video games are the most popular and what students think about them. Thanks for reading!
By Mason S. Lee
The Fantastic Math
Math is magnificent. Math is an awesome subject and anybody can learn it if they want to. Some people in our class love math. We play lots of math games in our class. We have already played the 2 Dice Sum Game and the Place Value Game. We also have this thing called Four Fours, where you have to take Four Fours and make a number. These are some of the reasons why math is superb!