Elizabeth Haddon News
August 25, 2023
UPCOMING CALENDAR DATES & EVENTS
8/28 Class Assignments Available on Genesis, 4PM
8/30 Kindergarten AM Orientation 9AM, Kindergarten PM Orientation 1015AM
8/30 New Family Orientation for grades 1-5 1PM
9/5 First Day of School, Ringing of the Bell Ceremonies 815 AM 1st Grade-5th grade, 835 AM Kindergarten, 12:15 PM Kindergarten (See Information Below)
9/5 AM Preschool Meet the Teacher Day , 845AM-945AM
9/6 PM Preschool Meet the Teacher Day, 845AM-945AM
9/5-9/6 Half-Day For Grades 1-5 (except Kindergarten), 1230PM Dismissal
9/5 Popsicles on the Playground, Blacktop, 6PM-730PM
9/6 1st Grade Practice Lunch, 1050AM
9/7 1st Full Day of School
9/15 School Closed: Rosh Hashanah
9/22 PTA Parent Socials, 730PM
9/25 School Closed: Yom Kippur
9/26 2 Hour Delayed Start See Schedule Here
9/29 PTA Mums Sale, Blacktop, 3PM
10/5 Community Meeting, 130PM
10/6 EH Fall Fair, 4PM-8PM
10/12 Individual Picture Day
Line Up and Exit Information
Click Here for information on where students line up and exit each day. Morning supervision begins at 8:20 AM. On September 5th students in 1st through 5th Grade should come to the blacktop at 8:15 for our Ringing of the Bell Ceremony. AM Kindergarten should come to the Avondale Playground at 8:35 AM for their ceremony.
Adding School Calendar to Your Phone or Google Calendar
- Click Here for instructions on how to add this to your phone calendar. Paste this code into the "subscribed calendar" box https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/c_bhhat3uhcr3llrs1qiejvcbhk0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- To add to a google calendar go to our website At the bottom of our embedded scroll calendar, click the + button and add it!
Send Us Pictures!
Update Your Contact Information in Genesis
Absence Reporting Procedures
If it is necessary to keep a child home from school, please do one of the following:
- Call the office before the start of school
Email us at ehattendanceOffice@haddonfield.k12.nj.us or click the link on our school homepage, and include
- Child’s first and last name
- Reason for absence
If you do not have access to email, you may call in your child absent. You must send in a note when your child returns if you use the call in method.
- Lunch cost is $3.50. Payment can be made via the School Lunch Payment Portal or by check made out to Haddonfield BOE
- Students will be required to order in their classroom each morning.
- Please review the lunch choices with your child (especially those at the younger grades) to help with ordering at school.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- For more information: Food Services in Haddonfield
1:1 Chromebooks for Students
This program serves students in Grades 3-5
- The $50 fee is optional but we highly recommend paying the fee. If the fee is not paid, parents will be responsible to pay out of pocket for repairs
- $50 fee paid through the MySchoolBucks portal
- Forms can be completed in Genesis
1:1 information and updated forms here: https://haddonfieldschools.org/1-to-1-overview/
My School Bucks
This online payment service provides an easy way to pay for items such as ChromeBook fees and class trips using your credit/debit card or electronic check. Enrollment is easy and is available today! To create an account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
2. Add your students using their school name and student ID.
3. Make purchases with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
A program fee of 3.9% applies. You will have the opportunity to review any fees
and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly:
· (855) 832-5226
· Visit myschoolbucks.com and click Help
We are excited to announce that the PTA has once again covered the cost of the directory for the 23/24 school year. If you were a DirectorySpot user last year, then you don’t need to do anything. If you are a NEW user, you can download DirectorySpot for free from the App Store (iPhone users) or Google Play (Android users), or you can also access the data from the web: https://www.directoryspot.net. There will be no paper directory, everything is through the app or website.
If you are already in the directory, please log in to confirm and/or update your family contact information. Please note that we will update student grade levels in July, so it might be best to log in sometime in August. If you need to make a change, you will need to do so using the website, not the app.
If you are new to the district or you were never added to the directory, please fill out this form and you will be added to the directory by October 1, 2023. After the beginning of October, I will update the directory on a weekly basis as new submissions come in.Having contact information up to date is more important now than ever. Please email Lindsey Murphy at email@example.com with any questions!
Pets Prohibited on School Grounds
Dogs are not permitted on the school property during school hours and at drop off and pick up times. Although many children feel safe around animals, some children have adverse reactions to pets even though they may be well trained. We have noticed some families bringing pets onto the school grounds especially at morning line-up or pick-up. Please be considerate of others by cooperating with this policy.
Here's your PTA Back to School checklist:
- Sign-up for LizzyPTA e-blasts HERE.
- Pay your annual PTA dues HERE.
- Join the PTA board or chair an event HERE.
- Follow @LizzyPTA on Facebook and Instagram.
- Join the town wide Haddonfield School Directory. New families fill out this form. Everyone else, download the free DirectorySpot app and use your email as your username.
District and Community Based News
Click Here for all Community News. All Community News must be sent to Mr. Chuck Klaus’s office for approval. Community members should submit their news by email to Ms. Channell Jorrin at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be included. Please do not send news directly to the school principals.