The Hoof Print
October 10th, 2021
GOOD TO GREAT!
No school for students on October 11th and October 18th!
From the Principal
We have had a great week of school and I am so proud of our students for rising to our high expectations at Marble Falls Middle School! Our motto this year is "Good to Great", which means we are raising the standards for academics, social-emotional learning, and behavior. We have always been "good" but we are striving to be "great" in everything we do at MFMS, because our students deserve it!
While we are seeing improvement in most behaviors across campus, we still need to improve behaviors in the hallway and cafeteria. Please help us remind your student that they need to keep their hands and feet to themselves at all times (not playing around with friends) and to walk in the hallways. Last week I met with each grade level to review our expectations, and I talked about how MFMS should be treated as a professional environment by students as well as teachers. A student's job is school, and when we use language and display behaviors aligned to a work environment, everyone benefits!
Our students are learning and growing every day, and I am so excited to see their achievements at the end of the year! Don't forget that Friday, October 15th is the end of the grading period! All work must be turned in and make-up assignments be completed by Friday in order to impact their 9-weeks grades. This is also a gain-only period for extra-curriculars, and all classes must be passed in order to regain eligibility.
Thank you for your continued support, and I am excited to partner with you again this year!
Have a beautiful Sunday!
Ashley Bernard, Principal
Homecoming Week (Oct 18 - Oct 22)
Monday, October 18th
- No School
Tuesday, October 19th
- Tiki Tuesday (wear a Hawaiian shirt or dress like a tourist)
Wednesday, October 20th
- Wanna Be Wednesday (dress like your future profession)
Thursday, October 21st
- Western/Country Day
Friday, October 22nd
- School Spirit! (8th grade wears gold, 7th grade wears purple, 6th grade wears white)
6th Grade Boo Bash!
7th & 8th Grade Winter Dance
In order for students to be eligible to attend the dance, they must be in good discipline standing, meaning no ISS or EPIC placements from October 11th until the time of the dance. Students may have the option of using Hero points to earn an opportunity to attend the dance at administrators' discretion. More information to come as we get closer to the event!
Spanish Credit by Exam
Is your student a 7th or 8th grader who knows Spanish and would like to test their proficiency in all four domains of the language (listening, speaking, reading, and writing)? If so, your student could earn up to 2 high school Spanish credits depending on how well they perform on the test! Please have your student stop by the Counselor's office to pick up a permission slip if you are interested. The test will be held during the school day in the MFMS library on Friday, October 22nd. Permission slips are due by October 15th.
Substitute Teachers Needed!
BoxTops for Education!
For more information on how to download the app to your phone, click here: BoxTops. Be sure to select Marble Falls Middle School as your recipient school and start scanning!
Second Step - SEL Program
- Doors open at 7:35am to welcome students into the building.
- If students arrive between 7:35am - 7:45am, they will be asked to report to the cafeteria.
- From 7:45 until the first bell, students should report to their 1st period class. If your student needs breakfast, they will pick up breakfast in the cafeteria, then head to their 1st period class.
- Students who cannot follow this expectation will be required to wait in the front office until the bell rings.
- The back entrance and bus loop entrance doors will be locked at 8:10am. If you arrive after the 8:10am tardy bell, please drop your student at the front office.
After School Dismissal
We are getting into a great routine with afternoon dismissal, so thank you for following our procedures and being patient! Below are a few quick reminders regarding dismissal:
- 6th grade and 7th grade students will be picked up in the back car loop.
- 8th grade students will be picked up in the front car loop. Please continue to pull forward in the right lane. Once your student gets in the car, you can pull in the left lane and exit the loop.
- Please do not pick up students from the bus loop. All car riders should be picked up either at the front or the back of the school. This is a safety concern, and with 22 buses coming in and out of that lot, this area is reserved for bus riders and faculty parking.
- The first run of buses leaves at 3:57pm. Students need to hustle out to the buses and listed for their route to be called. The first buses are always the same: 9, 16, 19, 27, 20, 6, and 1, then the others are in the order they arrive. The buses listed above, plus other early arriving buses will leave at 3:57pm. Please remind your student that they need to hustle outside to the buses!
If so, please consider being a part of our Parent/Teacher Association! There is no cost to join, but the payoff is huge! Anna Womack will be serving as our PTA President and is looking for members! Please contact her at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to join!
Purchase Athletic Tickets
To purchase tickets for other athletic events, including high school events, please visit the MFISD Athletic Department website.
Trauma-Informed Parenting - Phoenix Center
Saturday, October 16, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(Central Time Zone)
- Learn about the neurobiology of trauma
- Learn about the impact of trauma on child development, learning & behavior
- Learn specific parenting strategies to help children who have experienced trauma
The presenter is Chali Henderson, LPC, LMFT, RPT, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Play Therapist with the Phoenix Center. Learn more about the Phoenix Center at www.phoenixtx.org.
Please note: There will be a one-hour lunch break and time for Q & A. After the webinar ends, there will be a recording available for purchase for $60. To attend live is free-of-cost (central time zone). Certificates of completion for continuing education hours are available upon request.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please register using the button below.
Click here to register for the free Phoenix Center Trauma-Informed Parenting Workshop
Monday, October 11th
- No school - student and staff holiday
Tuesday, October 12th
- 7th grade Football Game @ Home vs Elgin MS
- 8th grade Football Game @ Elgin MS
Thursday, October 14th
- 7th grade Volleyball Game @ Home vs Liberty Hill MS
- 8th grade Volleyball Game @ Liberty Hill MS
Friday, October 15th
- 6th Grade Choir Social - TBD
Saturday, October 16th
- MS Band Region 32 Auditions - TBD
Monday, October 18th
- No School - student holiday/teacher in-service
- NJHS Induction Ceremony @ MFMS Cafeteria @ 5:00pm
- Regular School Board Meeting @ 6:00pm
Tuesday, October 19th
- 7th grade Football Game @ Home vs Liberty Hill MS
- 8th grade Football Game @ Liberty Hill MS
Thursday, October 21st
- 7th grade Volleyball Game @ Benold MS
- 8th grade Volleyball Game @ Home vs Benold MS
Saturday, October 23rd
- MS Region Choir Auditions @ Leander
**Athletic events are subject to change**
Marble Falls Middle School
Associate Principal, STEAM Academy: Haley Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Principal, MS Students A-L: Jason Napoli (email@example.com)
Assistant Principal, MS Students M-Z: Angela Haas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A-L Counselor: Brooke Woodul (email@example.com)
M-Z Counselor: Linda Allee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SEL Counselor: Zilah Schiener (email@example.com)