Important Health Reminders
The health of our students is a TOP priority!
Please contact Michelle DeVito, WFS School Nurse, for the following reasons:
1. Your child is considered a close contact of a COVID+ individual.
2. Your child are awaiting COVID test results.
3. Your child has tested positive for COVID.
4. Your child is experiencing symptoms of illness. Monitor for symptoms based on the following guidelines:
- ONE of the following: cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, or new loss of taste or smell
- OR TWO of the following: fever, shaking/chills, congestion/runny nose, sore throat, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, or headaches
If your child exhibits one of the first three symptoms or two of any symptom, a negative rapid test or pcr test would be required to come back to school and any siblings would need to remain home until test results are received. RAPID or PCR TEST RESULTS are accepted.
If you have any questions please contact Michelle DeVito, WFS School Nurse.
***If you are questioning your child's symptoms, as they may or may not relate to our guidelines, we ask that you keep your child home until you speak to our school nurse. Keeping all of our students and staff members healthy is very important to us.***
If a student must quarantine, it is considered an excused absence and they will continue to receive teacher support until the quarantine period has ended.
Dates to Remember
Wear WFS Wednesday: Wear your best WFS gear (or school colors) every Wednesday for "Wear it WFS Wednesday!"
Wednesday, December 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd
Wear Your House Colors
Friday, December 3rd
Poinsettia and Wreath Pick-Up
Wednesday, December 8th: 5pm-6:45pm
Dance Party Friday! Listen to the Morning Announcements for our Dance Party song!
Friday, December 10th
Bagel Sale: Pre-ordering is required. Information/link to purchase bagel for the month of December will be sent next week. Bagel purchases for the full year can be paid for at one time by visting: www.wfspto.org
Wednesday, December 15th
Winter Wear: Wear your favorite winter clothes!
Thursday, December 23rd
Find out more about Traditional Grading practices vs. Standard-Based Grading. Report Cards are accessible beginning on the afternoon of December 2nd.
We are excited to bring back our PTO sponsored Holiday Shop!
Students will shop in-school with their class during the week of December 6th.
Parents are invited to come shop after school from 5-7 pm on Wednesday December 8, 2021.
Please see the informational flyer that went home with students last week or contact Maria Mendes email@example.com with any questions.
Special Thanks to the PTO!
Please consider joining the WFS PTO so the festivities can continue!
If you are a new member, please create an account and then, purchase your membership for the 2021-2022 school year to be able to receive text and email alerts, exclusive access to our Paperless PTO App and more!
If you are a returning member, you do NOT need to create an account. Just login and renew your membership for the 2021-2022 school year.
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 15th at 7:30pm in the WFS Media Center.
WEST FREEHOLD SCHOOL STORE
A store managed BY our students and FOR our students! Opening Day will be in January. Be on the lookout for more information and updates!
This year, all students are entitled to a free school lunch. A school lunch menu is available on our school and District website. Please note the following information:
1. Each student must receive a full lunch. Choosing only certain items is not permitted.
2. Only 1 lunch is served to each child.
3. If your child has a food allergy, we encourage you to carefully review the Sodexo online menu. If you have any questions regarding the items and/or ingredients please contact Sodexo before allowing your child to receive the lunch. We are currently NOT utilizing the PIN system which previously has alerted the Sodexo workers of individual student allergies.
It has been brought to our attention that there are times when the school lunch menu changes. Unfortunately, these changes are often due to supply and/ or delivery issues. We ask that you send your child to school with an extra healthy snack in the event they do not like or want to eat the new item(s) that may appear on the menu.
If you have any concerns or questions related to our school lunches, please contact Sodexo Food Services. Sodexo Food Director, Rocio Johnson can be reached at 732.462. 8400 x8870 or X8871
We encourage all students to bring extra water bottles to school. At this time, we are not utilizing our communal water fountains so bringing extra water bottles to school help make our students comfortable through snack time, lunch, recess, and physical education. Water bottles are not provided by the school. Thank you!