MCE Staff Newsletter
Friday, August 14, 2015
Let's Talk Curriculum!
- Lesson Plans for next week need to be submitted by Sunday evening at 6:00pm.
- Your Math Pacing Guides and Flipbooks were placed in your mailboxes Friday morning.
- PLCs each week will be on WEDNESDAY during your planning time.
- The focus of our PLC on Wednesday will be the pacing guides, grade-level standards and lesson plan expectations. Come with questions!
- GOOD NEWS! We have reviewed your reflections and are working to purchase the books you suggested.
- Thanks for working so hard this week! Have a restful weekend.
- Great job with procedures and routines in the first two days!
- Remember to train your students to travel single file to parent pickup in afternoons. Same procedure, same process no matter your destination.
- Looking for suggestions and ideas for assemblies/pep rallies...Please send them in.
- Don't forget to sign up for your School Safety Lessons next week as a grade level. First come, first serve on the schedule.
Thanks for handling our alternate recess location with grace!
Appreciate the clean building and eye-catching decorations that help make our school welcoming!
Blessed to see veterans and rookies working together to provide such a smooth start!
Follow MCE on Twitter at @MCECats
It's been an amazing Opening Week! Every district office visitor commented on how smoothly things were going. Thank you for being diligent with supervision and continue to focus on procedures and routines. The clearer our expectations are now, the smoother things will be later in the year. (Go slow to go fast!)
During PLCs on Wednesday, Aug. 19, we will be focused on grade level standards and making sure that our content plan for the year is in place. Be ready to ask questions.
We want you to walk away with a clearer understanding of expectations and goals for the year. (Beginning with the end in mind...MCE is going to be focused on the standards and making sure our lessons, assessments and activities are based on what our kids need at their grade level!)
I want to also emphasize how much I appreciate the warm welcome you have offered our newest team members. Sheena, Mary, Rachel, Nate, LIndsay, Nicole and Alex...Welcome to MCE! We are excited to have you on board and know that your energy and fresh ideas are going to be a valuable asset to our school.
I really can not wait to watch the year unfold...You all make this a great place to be for our students and our families.