Family News from the Nest
Friday, May 20, 2016
Fifth Grade Choir Concert PH South
Fifth Grade Choir Surprise to Mrs. Boschert!
What's Happening at the NEST?
Thursday, May 26, 2016: English Landing Spirit Day!
Wear EL school colors (red, white, blue) or wear EL Spirit Wear
Thursday, May 26, 2016: Last Day of the 2015-2016 School Year!
School Dismissal at 11:45am
SUMMER SCHOOL DATES:
May 31, 2016 through July 1, 2016: Summer School at Graden Elementary
7:45am to 2:45pm Daily
Sporting KC Players Join Us for Lunch
Recent William Jewell Graduates!
Beyond the Bell Presentation: May 17, 2016
Fifth Grade: Simulated City Shops
2016-2017 School Supplies
The 2016-2017 Park Hill Elementary and Middle School school supplies are now posted on the Park Hill School District website: Parent Resources.
PTA 2016-2017 School Supplies SALES
REPEAT: Planning for the 2016-2017 School Year
Are you making summer reading plans?
Summer reading is important! The English Landing library wants to see what award-winning books you are reading this summer! At Mid-Continent libraries there are many displays showcasing Mark Twain nominees and Show Me Award nominees as well.
With parent permission, take a selfie and send it to Mrs. Schneider (firstname.lastname@example.org) with one of your favorite nominees this summer, and Mrs. Schneider will display your summer reading in the media center this fall. My first book on the list is LOOT! What will I see you reading this summer?
Repeat: NO Breakfast or Lunch Charges!
- Breakfast: $1.25
- Lunch: $2.30
If you have any questions, please contact the Park Hill Food Service at 359-4090.
Park Hill STAR Awards
Park Hill Star Award
Our employees are the reason we are so successful here in the Park Hill School District, and we would like to recognize them for all they do for our students.
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee.
Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Please nominate a Park Hill Star today!
Park Hill Star nomination form
2015-2016 Elementary School Hours
8:30am First Bell Rings and Students Go To Grade Level Classroom
8:40am Tardy Bell Rings and School Officially Begins
3:30pm Evening Dismissal
Park Hill Parent/Student Handbook Reference:
Students may arrive at school up to 15 minutes (8:25am) before the start of the
school day (8:40am).
Repeat: Process Improvement: Student Evening Dismissal
In following Park Hill safety processes, if our English Landing office staff does not recognize a parent or guardian, a photo identification (example-driver's license) will be reviewed before your child is released to you.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe dismissal process.
Repeat: Reporting Your Child's Absence
Please call the English Landing Office at 359-4370 (Attendance Line-Press 2) or e-mail Mrs. Gadd at email@example.com when you know your child will not be attending school that day.
At 9:30am we will send parents/families a school messenger voice mail of students who are absent if we haven't received a prior notification from a parent. Thank you for your help!
Reminder: Image & Contact Opt Out Process
We previously shared in the English Landing Back to School Family Newsletter the steps families need to take if you want your child to be included on the Image and Contact Information Opt Out List.
Park Hill Parent/Student Handbook Reference:
Throughout the school year, the Park Hill School District and/or English Landing might take pictures or video and release personal information about students for promotion.
Examples might include but are not limited to:
· A special event or program at a school might be covered by a newspaper or television station, resulting in student interviews and pictures.
· Award-winning students might have their names and photos published in a local newspaper, a school newsletter, the districts “First Hand” e-newsletter, the districts “Park Hill Connection” newsletter or on Park Hill TV-Channel 18.
· The district or school might post pictures of school activities on webpages and social media.
If you do not want your child’s image or information used, please contact the English Landing office at 359-4370 to complete a 2015-2016 Denial to Release Information Form.
English Landing Elementary School - Building School Improvement Plan - 2015-2016
Building Successful Futures - Each Student - Every Day
English Landing Vision
Our vision is that all English Landing students will meet grade level expectations and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
English Landing Values
1. We will embrace a welcoming climate.
2. Safety will be a priority.
3. Students and staff will strive for excellence.
4. We will promote collaboration and community involvement.
5. Our school will model life skills.
6. Diverse cultures will be respected.
7. We will practice positive communication.
8. Our school will encourage leadership.
English Landing Strategic Focus Areas
English Landing School Improvement Priority Goals
- EL Students will report English Landing is Meeting their Needs increased from 89.5% to 94.7% during the 2014-2015 school year and will increase from 94.7% to 100% during the 2015-2016 school year. (Balanced Scorecard #17)
- EL Families will report English Landing is Meeting their Child’s Individual Needs increased from 80.9% to 84.9% during the 2014-2015 school year and will increase from 84.9% to 100% during the 2015-2016 school year. (Balanced Scorecard #19)