LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
March 2016 Faith~Family~Culture
Microsoft Word ~ A word-processing program designed to help you create professional, quality documents. Word helps you organize and write your documents more efficiently.
Microsoft Outlook ~ Organize your emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and to-do lists, all in one place. It all starts with your email account. From there you can start working with emails, turning them into tasks or appointments. You can also store names of people you interact with in your contacts, then you never have to remember an email address or phone number.
Microsoft PowerPoint ~ A visual and graphical application, primarily used for creating presentations. With PowerPoint, you can create, view, and present slideshows that combine text, shapes, pictures, graphs, animation, charts, videos, and much more.
Microsoft Excel ~ Create and format workbooks (a collection of spreadsheets) to analyze data and make more informed business decisions. Specifically, you can use Excel to track data, build models for analyzing data, write formulas to perform calculations on that data, pivot the data in numerous ways, and present information in a variety of professional looking charts.
Working with you is Killing Me!
- Recognize the symptoms of a negative workplace relationship
- Recognize the role each of us plays in situations
- Learn how to set boundaries and control your reactions to others
- Learn how to "unlock" yourself from difficult interpersonal situations at work
Leading with Heart
Participant will be able recognize~
- The Difference between leading with passion and compassion
- Identify how to Lead with Heart
- Identify the benefits of utilizing compassion as a leadership tool
- Discuss methods of cultivating (using) compassion in your work and personal life
The Essentials of Email, Telephone & Business Writing -
Communication can make or break you!
- Understand why effective communication is critical in the workplace
- Identify the five communication channels
- Write and speak an informative message and a persuasive message
- Four C's of communication
- E-mail do's and don'ts
- How to be that Amazing Guest Service on the Telephone
- Do's and Don't
One-On-One Resume Writing ~ Learn techniques for writing your resume with a specialized trainer who will help you build that professional resume to impress any employer. Located at 1605 N. Washington. Contact email@example.com for an appointment.
Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good Associates to Stay
- Learn top factors to keep and retain associates
- Identify ways to get good people to stay on the job
- Identify ways to give positive reinforcement to your associates
25 ESSENTIAL Choctaw Nation Policies and Procedures
- Identify and discuss the 25 essential Policies & Procedures
- Why the Policies & Procedures are vital to your everyday job duties
- Where do I go to get the latest and up to date copies
Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace
- Understand the definition of harassment and discrimination
- Analyze the various forms of harassment
- Know the expectations of the Choctaw Nation policies
- Examine the legal responsibilities of harassment and discrimination
- Review the Choctaw Nation reporting process
- Evaluation how to investigation on harassment and discrimination
Personal Finance Budgeting:
- Learn how to make your money go further on a dime
- Learn how to make a personal budget
- How to look for other resources when planning your budget
AUDIO TRAINING-COMNG IN APRIL
Preventing Fires Before they Start
April 4, 10:00am and 2:00pm
The Secret of People Centered Leadership
April 18, 10:00am and 2:00pm
Other training options:
- Building Better Job Skills
- Creating the Respect of Effect
- Documenting Discipline
- Working with you is Killing Me
- PowerPoints that Pop (Microsoft Webinar)
************ Entity Specific ~ NHO (New Hire Orientation) ***************
Government New Hire Orientation (NHO) - Contact Sheila Harbin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital New Hire Orientation (NHO) - contact Jamie Bullock at email@example.com
MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK..........Your USERNAME - the first letter of your first name, first four of your last name, and the last four of your Kronos number. PASSWORD - Your official first name all lowercase.
Ethics and Confidentiality
Choctaw Nation Policy & Procedures
Building Better Teams
Harassment & Discrimination
Crucial Conversation (managers)
Behavioral Base Interviewing
KRONOS (New Version)
Basic Email Writing
"Catch the Energy Release the Potential"
Learning & Development
Contact us for your Training needs:
Wanda Vanderveen; Dawn Bonham; Stephanie Burton; Jamie Bullock; Warren Choate; Sheila Harbin; Craig Northcutt; Matt Marstella; John Detten; or Tanya McElfresh (Director).