September 28 - October 2
All students, staff & volunteers are invited to wear PINK the entire week, from Monday, Sept. 28-Friday, Oct. 2nd in support of PLAY FOR A CURE week.
Dates to Remember
9/23 - 10/7 - Big Kahuna Fundraiser
9/30 - Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night 5:00 - 8:00
10/2 - End of the 1st 6 weeks/Early Release Day 12:00 pm dismissal
10/5 - 10/6 Kindergarten, 1st grade & 3rd grade Vision & Hearing Screening
10/5 - PTA Tailgate Party (5:30) & Keller High School Homecoming Parade (6:30)
10/6 - School Pictures (forms will go home on Sept. 29)
10/7 - Big Kahuna Orders are due
10/9 - Cowboy Character Assembly (parents will be notified
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th - 8:15 -9:00
- Kinder & 1st - 9:15 - 10:00
10/12 - Student Holiday
What's Happening on Campus?
The 7:30 Bell
We ask that all parents stay with their students until the 7:30 bell rings. Your child's safety is very important to us and we do not have staff members available to be on duty prior to 7:30. Thank you very much for your help and understanding.
In case of inclement weather, a REMIND message will be sent at 2:30 if running club will be held or not and the front office will be notified. Please sign up for REMIND.
Just text the following message - @ba78c to this phone number - 81010
All students in grades 1st-4th are welcome to come by themselves. Kindergarten students will need an adult guardian to stay with them.
3rd & 4th grade Bucket Drumming
The sign up for Bucket Drumming club will be posted on the music room door Oct. 5th. Students can come by and sign up when the bell rings at 7:30 a.m. Rehearsals will begin Tuesday Oct. 13th from 7:30-8:00 a.m. and continue every Tuesday morning until May 16th. Attendance at rehearsals and performances is very important. If you have any questions, please contact our Music teacher, Tamara Masters. Her email address is email@example.com
Big Kahuna Fundraiser- September 23 - October 7
- Money raised will go towards providing classroom supplies for students/teachers, updating outdated technology & supporting efforts to celebrate our Global community (assemblies, school events, etc)
- Fill out the order form and send in orders & checks made out to Keller Harvel Elementary.
- Order online. Just go to shop.onlinefundraisingshop.com. Click on "register your seller ID", enter our school id (1049), then your student's ID (as shown in the top left hand corner of the order form). The site will then send you an email that you can send out to family and friends.
- New ship to school brochure option allows all products to be purchased by credit card online & delivered with your order to the school.
- Online orders now have a DIRECT SHIPPING option for family & friends that do not live close by! Shipping is FREE when orders are over $75.00.
- All Orders are due by Wednesday, October 7th
- Prize & Product delivery will be on Tuesday, November 10
- Students who sell 15 items or more will be able to travel in style to lunch on a "Party Bus".
Keller Harvel PTA Tailgate Party & Homecoming Parade - Monday, October 5
Join us for a Tailgate Party before the Keller High School Homecoming Parade on Monday, October 5th. The tailgate starts at 5:30pm in the bus loop & the parade begins at 6:30.
Please be aware that Johnson Road is blocked off starting at 6:00 pm. You would have to go through Hamonson Farms neighborhood to get to the school parking lot if you come after 6:00.
Coming from Hwy 377, turn on Mt. Gilead. Turn right on Bourland at the 4-way stop. Enter Harmonson Farms neighborhood on Norma Lane and go South until you see the school on your right.
Walking with the KHES Homecoming Float
If your child wants to walk in the parade,please be sure that you've completed the form that recently came home in your child's Tuesday folder (see picture). There will be a drawing and 20 students will be chosen. Keep in mind that parents MUST walk with their child. Students need to wear their school shirt. The parade will run from Keller Middle to Keller High down Johnson Road.
How Do You Make a Teacher Smile? CHOCOLATE!
Thank you to for the donations so far!! We've seen many, many smiles!!
KHES PTA is amazing! But I'm sure you already knew that! :)
The 2015-2016 Yearbook
- Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Order #20041.
- Click "continue" for Keller Harvel.
- Next select the first tab "Buy a Yearbook" and make your selections.
- Click "buy these items".
- On the next page, click "buy this item for a student"... and add student's name.
- Then click "continue" to check out.
- An envelope is coming home in your child's Tuesday folder.
- Please fill it out and return it to your child's teacher with money order or check payable to KHES PTA by November 20th.
- This will be the ONLY time to purchase books with a check/money order.
- Call 1-866-287-3096 (M-F 8am - 5pm CST)
4th grade parents - if you would like to order a spotlight ad, a separate order form will be coming home soon. This cannot be completed online.
The Yearbook Needs Your Photos!
Go to www.hjeshare.com Type in our code: KHES and start uploading Or get the App –
You can upload 10 pictures at a time. Label them according to the event, grade, class or
with whatever information you know. While we can’t guarantee every photo will be used, we need help making sure our yearbook is filled with great memories. Take a variety of pictures with 3-5 students or an entire class. No single student shots, please.
Questions?? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The first Box Tops contest is on its way, with an end date of Friday, October 16th. If you have collected any Box Tops, Campbell’s Labels, and pop tabs please send them in as soon as possible. Please use either the contest sheet and/or bag with no more than 50 valid box tops in a baggie and label with your child’s name and teacher’s name. You don’t have to wait until the last minute as I will be tallying up the box tops per class per child. In the spirit of friendly competition, we will have a Popcorn party for the most Box Tops. The class that collects the most will have a Popcorn party. In addition, the top person for each class will win a box top spirit stick.
Extra Curricular Activities at KHES
Keller ISD Strings Academy for 2nd, 3rd & 4th grade students
Registration Information - https://www.smore.com/htnku
KHES Running Club begins Monday, September 28th
When - Mondays 3:00 - 3:45
Registration- click HERE
KHES Art Club
When - Wednesdays from 3:00 - 4:00 in the Art room
New classes every 6 weeks. 20 students will be able to sign up at at a time. All students will be expected to wear smocks/aprons when needed. These will be provided.
Young Rembrandt's Art Enrichment Program
When - Thursdays 3:05 - 4:05 p.m.in the Science Lab. Fall session begins September 24th.
When - Wednesdays from 3:05-4:05 in our Science Lab
Registration flyers will be kept in the front office. Begins September 16th
When - Click HERE for the 2015-2016 schedule of classes. The first class starts October 6th.
Registration - http://spanishprogram.wix.com/kellerharvel