Title I Newsletter
Title I Update
Reminder: Parent-teacher conference is on January 13th, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. Your child's (children's) teacher will be available to speak with you about their academic progress. Humboldt City Schools is a Title I district. HCS receives federal dollars to support our students. As parents, you have a right to know about the Title I program, know the school curriculum, be informed about academic assessments and understand proficiency levels.
Title I program explained...
The Title I programs at all schools provide supplemental resources for student success. Some of these resources are:
- Instructional Coaches- This position assists teachers by looking at student data and coaching teachers on strategies to use to improve instruction.
- Teacher Assistants- These positions support students in reading and math using educational programs IXL and iReady.
- Social Worker- This position helps families and students remove barriers to support education including helping with school attendance.
- High-Quality Professional Development- This allows teachers to participate in trainings that improves instruction.
See the proficiency levels that are used in our state and districts assessments.
- Level One: Significantly below expectations
- Level Two: Below expectations
- Level Three: At expectations
- Level Four: Above expectations
- Level Five: Significantly above expectations