January 13, 2023
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Apex Obstacle Course Volunteers - We are looking for parent volunteers to help out with our Apex obstacle course on Friday. Sign up here if you have already completed your volunteer background check and are interested in helping out.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 458
- Welcome new students Amina W., Madelynn S., Paxton S., Makenna S., Autumn W., and returning students Braylie B., Paisley F., Liberty B., and Payton B.!
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-December: 93.6% (2,408 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 1/10-1/13: 92.4%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 1/10-1/13:
- Mrs. Thorp: 96.9%
- Mrs. Kirk: 95.5%
Congratulations to Mrs. Lynch and Mrs. Barfield! They were awarded over $4,000 in grants for our school from the MISD Education Foundation.
Last Week for Apex Fundraiser!
Next week is the final week of our Apex fundraiser! Our students and staff are having a great time learning about leadership while raising money for our school. Keep those pledges coming! On Friday, we will have our obstacle course finale. Event times are listed below:
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 8:30
- 2nd & 3rd Grades: 9:30
- 4th & 5th Grades: 10:30
- Pre-K: 11:30
Parents are welcome to watch from the outside perimeter of the fence if the weather is nice. In the event of rain, we will need to move the obstacle course into the gym. If the course is in the gym, we will have to restrict visitors to only registered volunteers for the sake of safety and space. If you have completed the volunteer background check, we would love to have you sign up here to volunteer and help out! It's going to be a fun day, rain or shine!
Staff Shout Outs
Autism Awareness Shirts Available for Order through 1/20
Our district's special education department is selling Autism awareness shirts for World Autism Day. The order form is below. You may send cash or write a check made out to Montgomery ISD. Funds raised from the t-shirt sales will go towards a special district event called Mission Possible Field Day where we celebrate our students with different abilities and provide them additional opportunities to compete in fun field events. The last day to purchase shirts is January 20.
- No School for Staff or Students (MLK, Jr. Day)
- Report Card Grades Released in Skyward
- Wear your spirit wear
- Apex Obstacle Course
- PAWSitivity Cart
- PTO Meeting at 2:00 PM - *This is a time change*
- 1/23 - Choir Field Trip
- 1/31 - 5th Grade MJH Curriculum Fair @ MJH Cafeteria 6:00-7:00 pm
- 2/2 - 5th Grade Field Trip to MJH for Welcome Rally
- 2/10 - 5th Grade Course Selection Forms Due to Homeroom Teacher
- 2/10 - PTO Meeting 9:00 - Special Guest Speaker - Dr. Morrison
- 2/17 - Professional Development Day - No School for Students
- 2/20 - President's Day - No School
- 2/21 - Progress Reports Released in Skyward
- 2/22 - Principal-Parent Safety Committee Meeting (Focus on Reunification Process)
- 3/10 - Field Day
- 3/10 - End of 3rd Quarter
- 3/13-3/17 - Spring Break
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
NFL Flag Football is coming this spring to Woodforest! You can learn more and register online at http://www.flagfootballtexas.com/
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700