By: Armando Rayas
- Underwater welding is a very well paying job earning anywhere from $30,000 for new workers and up to $200,000 for experienced workers.
- Workers can also get a bonus pay such as a safety bonus, depth pay which is 1$ - $4 per foot they dive, and a recruiting bonus.
- The school that you need to attend to get into commercial diving is a vocational school.
- The cost for the schools can vary in cost from around $32,000 for on campus and $28,000 for off campus.
- some requirements to attend the school is a GED or a high school diploma, you must also the ability to swim and be in good physical shape.
Working conditions can be tough working in cold water with little visibility
The reason i selected this career is because it is something that i am interested in and hope to do on the furure.