Global Climate Change
the earths average surface temperature is getting hotter.
Why is this happening?
Why does this matter?
glaciers are melting, less hunting ground for polar bears
polar ice caps are melting
drier and hotter- increase in deserts
sea levels are rising
New England is getting warmer
- maple trees are dying
specific actions a middle schooler can take to help reduce their carbon emissions?
- grow own vegetables and fruits
- plant a tree- helps remove CO2 greenhouse gases
- change old lightbulbs to new fluorescent light bulbs
- turn off TV, lights, computers when not in use
- turn off anything that is charging
- try not to use an air conditioner, use fans instead
- walk or ride your bike when you can
- use tap water
- drink from reusable cups
- save water