for your Kidblog
Blogging is a fantastic way to share your thoughts, feelings, and knowledge about events, activities, and the world around you. However, just like when you talk to your friends in the classroom, you must be mindful of what you comment to other bloggers. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Use your first name only to identify yourself.
- Never leave your email, street address, phone number, or school name.
- Don't share personal information about time and location (Your blogging friends don't need to know exactly what time you are going to baseball practice!).
What's your Tone?
How do people "read" you?
- Be polite, friendly, and encouraging .
- It's ok to have humor, but be careful to not be sarcastic. Sometimes that is difficult to understand in the written word.
- You may not always agree with what people write, but don't be rude in your response. Always be sure you are giving helpful feedback. It is not your responsibility to be their editor.
What should you say?
- Your comments need to be on topic and make sense. You should be responding to the bloggers post.
- Your comments should make sense and not be overly silly.
- It's ok to be formal in your writing. Better safe than sorry.
- It's ok to ask a question! It's one way to keep the conversation going!
Be a Good Editor!
- Always be sure to check your spelling!
- Avoid shortcuts like u! This is professional writing, not a text conversation.
- Avoid using emoticons. Use your words to express your thoughts.
- Use capital letters in the correct places, but remember USING ALL CAPITALS IS LIKE YELLING AT SOMEONE.
- Punctuate your sentences properly. Periods, commas, exclamation points - be sure to always punctuate.