We Are Together Tamanend!
March 3, 2017
KAD Day 2017 Over $25,500!
What a great day we had last Saturday at the 17th Annual Tamanend Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund Basketball Tournament! It was a true testament to what we can accomplish by being Tamanend Together. Here are some highlights of this year’s event:
Over 250 students were registered to play
About 200 games were played from 9:00 am until about 5:30 pm
Many students families and alumni came to KAD Day to cheer on the players or lend a helping hand.
National Junior Honor Society assisted in various ways in preparation for and throughout the day.
Student Council did a phenomenal job in running the cafeteria and assisting in other ways.
The following students raised over $100 for KAD Day this year!
7th Grade: Michael F., Cameron H., Adam G., Isabella K., Tori R., Kathryn V.
8th Grade: Carter H., Carter H., Jamie M., Katryna M., Delaney O., John S.
9th Grade: Justin D., Ethan G., Jack V.
Congratulations and Thank You!
Special thanks are extended to the following people:
- The KAD Day Committee worked countless hours in planning and running the event, especially Mr. Klein who has served as the committee's coordinator seeing this Tamanend service learning project grow into the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund's largest donor.
Mrs. McFarland and Mr. Murray collected and accounted for all student donations.
Mrs. Murray worked to coordinate donations and sponsors and directed the involvement of NJHS members.
Mrs. Orinski, Miss Vitacco helped organized everything that happened in the cafeteria including all food and karaoke with the help of our Student Council.
Mr. Heisey coordinated the activity rooms and helped with a variety of other things throughout the day.
Mr. Tauber, who came out of retirement, ran basketball contests and games in the auxiliary gym.
Mrs. Myrtetus provided nursing coverage for the entire day.
Our custodial staff helped with so many different tasks before, during, and after the fundraiser, we cannot thank them enough!
Sponsors, parents, and staff members donated prize baskets, food, money and time!
Our students... you are commended for putting the focus on helping others throughout the entire KAD process and day.
The total amount raised for KAD Day 2017 is still being calculated but we are confident that we raised over $25,500 this year. That puts Tamanend’s 17 year contributions to KADMF to over $415,000! Tamanend Middle School is still the leading contributor to KADMF since our fundraiser began!
Ready for Spring Sports?!
Tamanend Parent Council
Thursday, March 16th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
Quick & Easy Links:
- CBSD Mobile App - Students and parents can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Tamanend and CB.
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more
- Student Portal - Screencasted directions on how students can access a portal of their own
- Tamanend Daily Announcements
- Tamanend Procedures at a Glance
- Tamanend Dress Standards
- Tamanend Cell Phone Practices & Rules
- ICYMI - A collection of all previous Tamanend Connections newsletters
- 2016-2017 Tamanend Calendar
- Get Tiger Tweets!
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did this week.