We Are Family - January 24, 2021
Catholic Schools Week starts on January 30th and concludes February 4th. This year our students suggested a theme "Clash of the Spartans." Each day will have a theme and students will have a choice of dress up:
- Monday, January 31st: Villains vs. Super Heroes. Students may dress up as their favorite super hero or villain. Students should keep their outfits simple and may not wear face paint or costume masks.
- Tuesday, February 1st: Your Team vs. My Team. Students may wear their favorite professional, college, high school, or rec team gear. Students may dress down, but may not wear shorts.
- Wednesday, February 2nd: Dress Uppers vs. Dress Downers. Dress up? Dress down? The choice is theirs, but again, no shorts.
- Thursday, February 3rd: Crazy Hat Day vs. Crazy Sock Day. Students may wear their favorite crazy hat (removing it for mass) and/or their favorite crazy socks.
- Friday, February 4th: Fiction vs. Non-Fiction. Students may dress up as their favorite book character, real or fictional.
We will have other fun activities through the week such as Saints Bingo, writing activities centered on what it means to be part of a Catholic school, and celebrating mass as a school community.
There is a menu correction for Thursday, January 27th: the fruit will be a mixed fruit cup and milk will also be served.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- Regular Uniform
- Early release at 2:50 PM
- 8:45 AM - School Mass hosted by 5th Grade
- Spiritwear tops with uniform pants or spirit wear bottoms
EDM Photo Round Up - Friday Fun and More!
Come out and support our Lady Spartans at their home volleyball games this season!
Saturday, Jan. 29
- 9:45am: 56B vs Little Flower
- 10:30am: Cadet B vs Holy Cross
- 11:15am: 4th vs St. Barnabas
Wednesday, Feb. 2
- 6:15pm: Cadet A vs O.L. Greenwood
- 7:00pm: 56A vs O.L. Greenwood
Saturday, Feb. 5
- 9:30am: 4th vs O.L. Greenwood
- 10:15am: 56B vs St. Anthony
Thursday, Feb. 10
- 6:15pm: 56A vs St. Maria Goretti
- 7:00pm: 4th vs St. Mark
Saturday, Feb. 12
- 10:30am: 56B vs St. Matthew
- 11:15am: Cadet B vs Little Flower
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- 6:15pm: 56B vs Central Catholic
- 7:00pm: 56A vs Nativity
- 7:45pm: Cadet B vs Central Catholic
Wednesday, Feb. 23
- 6:15pm: 4th vs St. Charles
- 7:00pm: 56A vs St. Malachy
- 7:45pm: Cadet A vs Christ the King
Thursday, Feb. 24
- 7:00pm: Cadet A vs Holy Spirit
Thursday, March 3
- 6:15pm: Cadet A vs Holy Name
COVID Policies Update
We have seen a recent uptick in parents and family members of our students who are testing positive. Parents, we appreciate your letting us know of these situations. Please continue to inform us if your children have contact with a COVID positive individual outside of school. We are happy to help you understand the appropriate public health guidelines in your particular situation.
Our updated COVID policies can be found here. This includes information about mitigation, control measures, and quarantines.
Saint Susanna Intramural Basketball - Grades 1-4
- WHO: SCHOOL AND PARISH BOYS & GIRLS 1ST THRU 4TH GRADES
- SEASON: PRACTICES WILL BEGIN LAST WEEK OF FEBRUARY/FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. THIS WILL BE BASED ON GYM AVAILABILITY. GAMES WILL BE PLAYED MONDAYS THRU THURSDAYS AND SATURDAYS. THE SEASON WILL CONCLUDE THE THURSDAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK.
- COST: $25/PLAYER INCLUDES TEAM T-SHIRT
- REGISTER: ONLINE SIGN-UP CAN BEGIN IMMEDIATELY. REGISTRATION ENDS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18!!! SIGN UP AT: https://www.saintsusannaschool.com/cyo (this link has been fixed to direct to the correct page)
- Click on St. Susanna Online Sports Registration Form
- For sport, click on IM BASKETBALL ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY!
EVALUATIONS: 1ST & 2ND GRADERS - 6PM AT ZORE HALL, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21;
3RD & 4TH GRADERS – 7 PM AT ZORE HALL, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21
**EVALUATIONS ARE MANDATORY**
$25 PAYMENT CAN BE MADE ONLINE OR BEFORE EVALS. NO EVALS TILL PAYMENT RECEIVED. MANDATORY EVALUATIONS ARE USED TO HELP PICK TEAMS EVENLY.
COACHES: THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO GET THOSE SERVICE HOURS.
INTRAMURALS IS ABOUT HAVING TONS OF FUN WITH FRIENDS AND CLASSMATES ALL THE WHILE LEARNING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BASKETBALL. VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE WHAT MAKE THIS LEAGUE SO SPECIAL, NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! THE MORE COACHES WE HAVE THE MORE TEAMS WE HAVE TO MAXIMIZE THE KIDS PLAYING TIME.
DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION YOU’LL SEE A BOX YOU CAN CLICK TO SIGN UP AS COACH.
QUESTIONS: EMAIL CYO AT: email@example.com
*SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR INTRAMURAL SPONSORS*
STATE FARM AGENT – JIM FLANAGAN, JIMMY JOHNS OF AVON AND PLAINFIELD, JACK’S DONUTS AND BUILDOUT SPECIALIST
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Silent Auction class art project. Each grade is looking for a parent volunteer(s) to coordinate an art project to be auctioned off at the Signature Event! Please contact Gaytanna McGuire for more information and/or to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-720-0225.
2022-2023 Calendar Dates
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Fall Break: October 10th - 14th (2nd full week of October)*
Thanksgiving: November 23rd – 27th
Christmas Break: Friday, December 23 – Sunday, January 8th
Dr. King Holiday: Monday, January 16th
Presidents Day: February 20th
Spring Break: March 27th -31st
Easter Monday: April 10th
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 25, 2023
*Thank you to all who participated in the fall break survey. More families indicated a preference for the second week of October for fall break by a narrow margin. I have changed the date accordingly.
Inclement Weather - School Closings and Delays
- Our communication system which will call, text, and email the parents and guardians listed in our student information system.
- Our social media pages
- Major local television news programs
In the case of a 2-hour delay, there will be no 1/2 day preschool or prekindergarten classes on that day and morning care will open at 9:00 AM for all other students.
I sent out a test text message in January. If you did not receive it, it means that you have not opted in to text messaging from Saint Susanna. To opt in, please text YES to 87569. You will then receive future text messages from us. I use these very sparingly to communicate issues of an immediate nature such as school delays and closings..
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.