Waiters and Waitresses
Want to serve people? Be a Waiter or Waitress.
Waiters and Waitresses work in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, coffee shops, diners, resorts and other food and beverage establishments where they take customer orders, serve food and beverages, and prepare itemized receipts. They may work in coffee shops where service is both fast and efficient. Duties may include escorting customers to tables, taking payments, working as cahiers, and setting up and cleaning tables. Those employed by fine restaurants, where meals are more carefully prepared, are expected to provide more personal service
Edication or Training needed.
- High school gradate preferred.
- Ability to use simple arithmetic, follow directions, remember orders, read and write.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Pleasant personality.
- Good health and physical stamina.
- Ability to get along with others.
Where you can recieve education or taraining.
- High schools.
- Some vocational schools.
- Local government/private industry training providers.
Places where you can find emploment for carrer.
- Coffee Shops.