March 2, 2023
Celebrating our Habit Heroes
Wisconsin Forward Exam Grades 3, 4, and 5
Our Stettin Testing Dates
March 29, 30
April 4, 5, 6
4th Grade Testing Dates
April 3, 4, 5, 6
April 10, 11, 12
April 17, 18
3rd Grade Testing Dates
April 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Save the Date
PTO Meeting Minutes
February 28, 2023 – 6p-7p
I. Call to order at 6:00pm and welcome: Jenell Bushong, Carolyn Brenner, Lisa Zastrow, Cari Wenninger, Tiffany Tesch, Jackie Kleinstick, Kelly Halvorsen, Veronica Wynne, Kerri Drescher, Ashley Hodell, Berkley Corvino, Katie Spangler
II. Leader’s Report
III. New / Current Business:
- Culvers Night Recap: Made $1,500 – signed a thank you card thanking Culvers for letting us be part of such a wonderful event.
- Debit Card: KS reached out to multiple PTOs – all but one have a debit card. Makes buying things online an option and makes buying in general a lot easier. PTO has agreed to get 3 debit cards from the bank we use and will be in possession of the two Co-Presidents and the Treasurer.
- Restructuring: KS was approached by Cassie Peck, Admin Asst to Dr. Hilts of the WSD. Cassie would like a committee (max 3 people) from Stettin formed. Could be parent(s), teacher(s) or PTO member(s). Purpose of committee is to get all the different opinions/voices heard of the whole WSD school restructuring plans. Question came up about our current second graders (who will then be in 4th grade when the switch over happens) – will my students miss out on all 5th grade opportunities such as: 5th grade trip to school forest? 5th grade celebration? Safety Patrol? KH replied that we would definitely try to make all those events happen just at the 4th grade level. Will revisit at next meeting when KS gets more information from Cassie Peck.
- Pancake Breakfast Update: KD informed the attendees that things are moving along just great with Pancake Breakfast. 19 businesses have donated and 5 families have donated as well. March 9th at 6pm in the Stettin Library is the next Pancake Breakfast meeting, all are welcome to attend. $700 in monetary donations have been received. Big ticket items will be discussed at the meeting on March 9. Entry tickets and raffle ticket pricing will remain the same as previous years held. Week of March 13 the classroom basket letter will go out in folders – families do NOT have to participate of course – each classroom has a themed basket to be won day of event. Parents can choose to buy something that aligns with their child’s classroom theme or a monetary donation. Waiting on license for tickets to be printed. Sign-Up genius will go out week of March 27. Facebook posts will start in March. Some businesses are wanting a letter for tax write offs – Stettin is NOT a non – profit.
- Pizza/Bingo Night Recap: Received $338 in donations, spent $705, ordered 65 pizzas total. GREAT EVENT! FYI: Glass Nickel and Rocky Rococo Pizza does offer discounts for school events.
- Google Drive Share: KS will start a new Google Drive for the PTO to share notes on. This will be used to future meetings/years to see what events worked and what didn’t work and also how we can improve on events.
- 5th Grade Celebration: TT shared a picture of the shirts that will be ordered for all 5th graders. PTO has budgeted $300 for this event and will cover the cost of these shirts.
- Book Fair: CB will be running the book fair and VW is interested in helping along with the Library Media Specialist – Julie Gaskey. April 17th-21st the fair will be delivered, set up and students will have preview days. April 24-28th is when the fair will be open for shopping/parents. Will need a sign up genius to get volunteers to run the register during the day. Will set up e-wallet accounts for classroom book donations/teacher wish lists. Better to receive the profit earned in Scholastic Dollars vs. actual cash. Currently JG decides how the dollars will be spent (birthday book for each student, book shelf, author study, misc.) Would like to collaborate more amongst the PTO when fair is done to help JG decide on how to spend the dollars earned.
- Meals for PT Conferences: May need plates, napkins, flatware for the 3/2/23 conferences. Otherwise good to go. Rocky Rococo has a “feed the teacher” program.
IV: Financial Report: Kwik Trip check of $134.37 was deposited, returned milk cards were found – pto received $342, $338 in bingo/pizza night donations/spirit wear, folders $37.16 and some checks were written out. No Grand Theater for 2nd and 4th graders due to school being canceled that day (2/27). V: Principal’s Report: Met with playground sales rep and district employee. More details will be shared at our next meeting. Construction is on track and should be open mid-July.
VI: Staff Report: Students are very excited for Pancake Breakfast! Appreciate the taco meal that was supplied during PT Conferences on 2/21/23.
Adjourn at 7:08pm
Next meeting is March 14th at 6pm in the Stettin library.
REPORT CARDS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE
Do you have a Parent Portal account? You can use it to pay for iPad insurance, view your child's report card and attendance.
Click on the link below to sign in.
If you are new to the district or have not set up your account, please contact Mary Steffen at email@example.com for an activation code.
A Note from the Health Office
March 8: 5th Grade Tours John Muir at 12:30pm
March 10: School Spirit and Popcorn Day (no cost to families, thanks to PTO!)
March 13: Grade 2 to School Forest
March 14: PTO Meeting at 6:00pm
March 17: 11:30 dismissal
March 20-24 Spring Break Week
March 31: Grade 3 to Grand Theater (no cost to families, thanks to PTO!)
April 7: No School
2022-23 School Calendar
2023-24 School Calendar
Lunch and Playground Times
Grade 1 11:30-12:10
Grade 2 11:35-12:15
Grade 3 12:00-12:40
Grade 4 12:05-12:45
Grade 5 12:15-12:55
Our 2022-2023 Stettin Staff
Shelby Coffey firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Meeks email@example.com
Kristie Butler firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor Prososki email@example.com
Haley Ramcheck firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Langbecker email@example.com
Lindy Phelps firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Schmutzer email@example.com
Ashley Hodell firstname.lastname@example.org
Timille Johnson email@example.com
Kelly Brandt firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Dziadosz email@example.com
Taylor Schlinkmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Sepnafski email@example.com
Amanda Jacobson firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Kleman email@example.com
Speech and Language
Meghan Oselka firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Bushman email@example.com
Kara Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifted and Talented Learning Resource Teacher
Cheryl Borta email@example.com
Chelsey Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanette Ryan email@example.com
Nicholas Peters firstname.lastname@example.org
Vickie Christianson email@example.com
Library Media Specialist
Julie Gaskey firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaylee Overbeck email@example.com
School Social Worker
Cristin Czerwonka firstname.lastname@example.org
Hallie Beal email@example.com
Krista Dallman firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Nielsen email@example.com
Tammy Wipperfurth firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Ristow email@example.com
Mary Steffen firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Halvorsen email@example.com
Jenny Schneider, Isabella Her, Tavon Wiltzius, Xang Lee, Matt Pijan, Michelle Bradshaw, Tammy Horne, Katie Matyasz, Cari Wenninger, Casey Sparacino, Lily McEwen