2nd Grade Newsletter
December 14th-18th, 2020
On Track Calendar
Can you believe our Winter Break is almost here?! Make sure you are caught up on all your OLS lessons before grades are pulled on 12/16.
Reminder: You should be working in MindPlay and on your edmentum (Exactpath) learning paths consistently! Also check Seesaw regularly so you can make sure you are up to date on any assignments.
Important Upcoming Dates
- December 11th: 2nd Quarter Grades are due for teachers, remember that you only have until noon today to submit work! (The Math TGA is due this day! If you have any overdue activities, submit them asap!)
- December 16th: Last day of the 2nd Quarter! All work in the OLS must be completed by 5pm to count towards the 2nd Quarter Report Card.
- December 16th: All school virtual Winter Outing (see flyer and sign up link below)
- December 17th-January 5th: Winter Break, no school!
- January 6th: First day of classes for the 3rd Quarter! We will have a modified schedule for this short week. On Wednesday 1/6/20 and Thursday 1/7/20 you will attend 1 daily class that is required for all students at either 9am or 1pm (depending on if you usually attend RDL classes in the morning or afternoon). There will also be an optional office hour at 11am if you need to hop in and speak with your teacher about anything. If you have any questions about this schedule please reach out to your homeroom teacher. (We will not have live classes that Friday as usual.)
- January 11th: Normal classes resume.
For a complete 2020-21 school calendar, please click on the PDF in the Important Websites section below.
Exact Path (edmentum)
New passwords were sent out for you to use to log in to the site. If you have any questions or need help, contact your teacher.
Webcam Permission Form
Use the link below to fill it out now:
How to Contact Your Teacher
2nd Grade Homeroom Teachers
Mrs. Allison Karisch
405-259-9478 ext. 3207
Mrs. Rebecca Wiesemann
405-259-9478 ext. 3187
Mrs. Kelley Winsett
405-259-9478 ext. 2156
Ms. Jennifer Trent
405-259-9487 ext. 3147
Mrs. May Vann
Ms. Elizabeth (Sue) Weeks
405-259-9478 ext. 3299
What Can You Do to Help Your Child Grow?
Reading at least 20 minutes per day is a great way to increase reading fluency. Your child can work on building up their stamina by starting with just 5 minutes. You can also change up your reading space to make it fun and new! Some ideas are: reading outside, build a fort-then read in it, reading during a picnic, or read a book in bed. This website has more creative reading challenge ideas: https://www.ateachableteacher.com/free-reading-challenge/
As they read, help them practice comprehension skills like identifying the main parts of the story including details about characters, setting, beginning/middle/end, etc. They can also read a book and describe the main idea and details about the people, places, and thing in it.
Encourage them to write in fun ways, a letter to family member, creating their own story, making a journal entry, etc.
Remember to log in regularly to work on your personalized path and check for assignments from your teacher.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.