A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
1st Grade Teachers planned and made all the materials for their Guided Math Kickstart next year!!! A huge task that will pay off big at the start of next year.
The Early Childhood Fair was a success...thanks to our staff who helped out!!!! Mrs. Korabek, Ms. Henry, Mrs. Costales, and Mrs. Null for set up and spending the day helping. Ms. Heard, Ms. Lindsey and Ms. Sheranko, for helping set up for the fair!!!
Week at a Glance: April 22nd-26th
3rd Grade PLC
7:15-11:00-Foundations Team from Geisinger on campus for site visit
4th Grade STAAR Math Review Starts
Kinder Standards Base Training (AM/PM)
4th Grade PLC
2nd Grade Planning Day
1st/2nd Grade Math
4th Grade STAAR ELA Review Starts
3rd STAAR Math Review Starts
PK/K Round Up Late Night
Kinder Field Trip
4th Grade at Tiger Challenge
Educational Foundation Breakfast (Let me know if you are receiving a scholarship)
11:00-2nd Grade Economics Fair
2:00-Rice Way Pep Rally
Please get out and vote!!!
Foundation Team Site Visit
On Wednesday, April 25th, we will have a team from Geisinger here on campus from 7:15-11:00 to observe our common areas and classrooms for evidence of our Rice Way Procedures. They will have badges on and enter through the back lot. This is our time to shine...and not drop the ball. As in every day these practices should be in place. Below are a few reminders.
- Be at your duty post by 7:30.
- Adults should be spread throughout the playground and not clustered together.
- Classrooms should be clean and organized.
- Hallways are free of debris (jackets, trash, etc.)
- Voice Levels are observed
New Student Procedures
Always remember that when we have a new student enroll, this is our time to make a great first impression. When Mrs. Tinnin comes to your room...or to where ever you are, be prepared to meet the parents and student. Be the person that you would want to have when you are dropping your child off in a new place. We can't control when students enroll, but we can control our response and our greeting!!!! Be the best version of yourself when they meet you!!!!
Student Learning Objective and Summative TTESS
Details were emailed for the summative conferences and your SLO evaluations. Please begin your final rating for your SLO.
April Walk-through Focus: Anchor Charts
After our staff development, our classrooms have really been impacted by the use of Anchor charts. The focus for feedback for the month of April will be on Anchor Charts. We want to continue to make them interactive, allow for students (and teachers) to be a part of creating them, and also refer back to them as a reference for the learning.
Annual Dyslexia Traning
Below is the link to log into CANVAS to take the Dyslexia training. This is required by TEA for all teaching staff. You will be able to click on the link and take the training at your own pace. At the end of the training there will be a 5 question quiz on what you learned, you need an 80 to pass.
This training must be completed by May 24th at 4:00.
Salute To Education
- hors d'oeuvres will be served in the adjoining room before 5:00pm while live music performed by one of our high schools will be playing in the lobby
- Seating in the Harvest Hall will begin at 5:30pm
- tickets will be collected at the doors of Harvest Hall
- Ceremony will begin promptly at 6pm with Presentation of Colors
Things you need to know about the Salute to Education Ceremony:
- ticket sales begin April 1 to April 26 or until SOLD OUT - $10 per ticket
- tickets for the TOY, HOY, and Rising Star Honorees will be purchased by Conroe ISD (A Family member tickets will be purchased by the campus)
- tickets are required for ALL attending (including children)
- Checks to purchase tickets will be addressed to TSTA-CONROE and written in blue or black ink ONLY
- attire is casual formal (dressy church clothes)