General personal Hygiene in Food Service
5 easy steps to Clean!
The entire hand washing process should take 20 seconds.Step 1. Wet hands and arms
- Use running water as hot as you can stand 100*f (38 *f
2. Apply soap
- Lather up good!
3. Scrub those hands!
- Don't for get the arms and your fingernails!
- This step takes 15 seconds
- Use warm running water
4.Dry hands either with blow dryer or paper towels
- Paper towels are better, you can use them to turn off water and open doors.
Don't touch your face!
Go wash your hands again..
The five words you hate to hear from your boss
Make sure to wash hands after handling raw meat.
When Do I Have To Wash Up?
Good thing you asked!
- You must wash hands after you use the the restroom.
- handling raw meat (before and afterwards).
- Touching your hair, your face or body.
- If you couch or sneeze or blow your nose.
- After eating, drinking or smoking or chewing gum or tobacco products.
- Taking out trash.
- Busing tables.
- touching clothes or aprons
- Handling money.
- Leaving and returning to the kitchen.
- Handling animals