Pleasant Street School News
building a community of learners that strive for excellence
This Week at Pleasant Street School!
- Monday, April 6, PTO Meeting, 6:00-7:00 pm, All are welcome. We need your help in planning out activities to close out the last quarter of this school year!
- Tuesday, April 7, dessert & book fair night, 5:00-7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, April 7, 6:30 pm at ARMS- the first meeting of the Ad Hoc Vertical Articulation/ Turnaround Plan for Athol-Royalston Middle School and Athol High School will be held. School Councils, PTO's, and teachers have been invited to this "kickoff" meeting.
- Wednesday, April 8, Grades K-4, School House Rocks, Theatre at the Mount.
- Wednesday, April 8, 4th grade MCAS long composition, make up day.
- April 6-10, Kindergarten registration, 8:30-3:00 pm
- April 6-10, Scholastic Buy One, Get One Free Book Fair, open to students during lunch from 11:50-12:50.
Come in for Kindergarten registration
Where: Pleasant Street School, Sanders Street School, Royalston Community School. When: Week of April 6-10, 2015, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 3pm.
You will need an original birth certificate, certificate of immunizations, a copy of your child’s most recent physical exam, and proof of residency (tax bill, cable bill, lease agreement, etc.)
Please note: Kindergarten students will be assigned to one of the elementary schools as soon as possible. There is NO guarantee that a child will go to a neighborhood school or school choice, Placement will be based on enrollment and class size.
It is not necessary to bring the child to registration. If you have additional questions about registration please call Sanders Street School at 978-249-2420.
Visit the district website linked below and click in the upper right corner for kindergarten registration forms, informational material and more as you prepare to make the exciting transition to kindergarten.
Family Dessert & Book Fair Night- 5:00- 7:00 pm, Tuesday, April 7th
We welcome dessert table donations to help support the student council effort!
Can you help? If so, please call Mrs. Muzzy in the school office to sign up. We ask that dessert donations have labeled ingredients for allergy awareness and food safety.
Many thanks :-)
This activity sponsored by our Pleasant Street Student Council.
School House Rock Live! Jr.
"From the Emmy award winning Saturday morning TV series in the 1970s that taught history, grammar, math, science and politics through clever, tuneful songs, Schoolhouse Rock Live Jr. definitely rocks! Visit “Conjunction Junction” to ‘Unpack Your Adjectives’ while you ‘Do the Circulation.” Generation X-ers seeking a taste of nostalgia will delight in introducing their own kids to this good, clean, and educational fun! Come discover why this Schoolhouse rocks,"
"This program is supported in part by a grant from the Athol Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency."
We want to express our deep gratitude to our school PTO and their dedictated efforts that resulted in being awarded a local cultural council grant to fund our trip to see this play.
For more information on how cultural councils support the arts in communities across Massachusetts click on the link below.
On Monday, April 6, we will be welcoming Florence Howes, from the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care for an informal visit to our preschool classrooms. This is an opportunity to share resources, receive technical assistance, explore funding, and strengthen our networking relationship.
Preschool Newsletter for this week
We are now accepting preschool applications for the 2015-2016 school year
Preschool Screening June 5th
Mark your calendar and plan to schedule an appointment for your youngster to participate in preschool screening on Friday, June 5th.
District Leaders Visit Pleasant Street
Kindergarten learning...with more special visitors!
Kindergarten Daily News
Friday, April 3, 2015
This week we compared chicks and ducklings. We learned how they were the same and how they were different. We also had a visit from 6 little chicks!! Sydney brought her chicks in for the day for us to enjoy! We carefully held them and loved listening to their little peeping all day! It was a great way to continue our learning! Thank you Sydney!
First Grade is on the Move Literally and Academically!
First Grade writing is also pictured from Mrs. Morin's students showcasing their work in writing and learning about the author's point of view in Jan Brett stories.
Presents for Pets - Aurore Donates Birthday Gifts
MCAS testing appreciation & final ELA sessions
We had a busy and successful week administering our ELA MCAS assessments. With four days of testing between third and fourth grade, children and staff alike did a great job supporting our third and fourth grade friends!
For this week:
April 6 & 7- MCAS make up sessions for grade 3 reading comprehension
April 8- Grade 4 MCAS ELA long composition, state mandated make up day
Community Events & Postings
Do you have news to share or want to inform members of our school community about family friendly events in our area? If, so please email or forward a flyer or link.
Thank you :)
For other local events, happenings, and resources in this area... you can also check the North Quabbin Community Coalition website below:
Upcoming Events...Mark your Calendars!
Upcoming Events and Dates
- April 6, PTO meeting, 6:00-7:00 pm, all are welcome, childcare is provided
- April 7, Evening Book Fair, 5:00-7:00 pm, with student council dessert table!
- April 8, School House Rock, Live, Children's play at Mount Wachusett Theatre
- April 6-10, Kindergarten registration, 8:30-3:00 pm
- April 6-10, Scholastic Buy One, Get One Free, Book Fair-open at lunch 11:50-12:50
- April 20- 24, spring vacation, no school