Types of Burns
Help us Cool down since things are heating up!!
2nd Degree Burns
Second-degree burns are more serious because the damage extends beyond the top layer of skin.Occurs in the upper region of the dermis.
Third Degree Burns
Third-degree burns are the worst burns. They cause the most damage, extending through every layer of skin. The damage can even reach the bloodstream, major organs, and bones, which can lead to death.
How do I prevent these burns?
- Turn pot handles towards the back of the stove.
- Place a fire extinguisher near the kitchen.
- Test smoke detectors once a month.
- Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.
- Keep water heater temperature under 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measure bath water temperature before use
- The best way is to keep them from happening altogether